|The Right Reverend|
|Bishop of Peterborough|
|Diocese||Diocese of Peterborough|
|Other posts||Bishop of Llandaff (1724–1728)|
|Died||21 July 1747|
University of Edinburgh|
Lincoln College, Oxford
Robert Clavering (1676 – 21 July 1747) was an English bishop and Hebraist.
He graduated B.A. from the University of Edinburgh, and then went to Lincoln College, Oxford. He was Fellow and tutor of University College, in 1701. In 1714 he was rector of Bocking, Essex. In 1715 he became Regius Professor of Hebrew and canon of Christ Church, Oxford.
- Mordechai Feingold, Oriental Studies, p. 467 in Trevor Henry Aston, Nicholas Tyacke (editors), The History of the University of Oxford: Volume IV: Seventeenth-Century Oxford (1984).
- Concise Dictionary of National Biography
- "Canons of Christ Church: Sixth prebend | British History Online". british-history.ac.uk. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "Parishes : Marsh Gibbon | British History Online". british-history.ac.uk. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "Bishops of Peterborough". peterowen.org.uk. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "CLAVERING, ROBERT - JewishEncyclopedia.com". jewishencyclopedia.com. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "OXFORD - JewishEncyclopedia.com". jewishencyclopedia.com. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
| Regius Professor of Hebrew at Oxford
|Church of England titles|
| Dean of Hereford
| Bishop of Llandaff
| Bishop of Peterborough