Collymore at the Tokyo International Conference of African Development
|Years active||2010 - Current|
|Salary||10 Million KES/monthly|
|Children||2 children (Non-biological)|
Bob Collymore (born 1958) is a Guyanese-born British businessman currently living and working in Kenya. He is currently the chief executive officer of Safaricom, a multinational telecommunications company.
Background and education
Collymore was born in Guyana and raised by his grandparents there. At the age of 16, he moved to join his mother in the United Kingdom, attending Selhurst High School. Upon leaving school, he was offered a place at Warwick University, but had to turn this down as he was ineligible for funding.[clarification needed]
From 1993, Collymore worked in various positions in the telecommunications industry in the UK, including work for Cellnet, Dixons Retail and Vodafone UK. In 2003 he moved to Japan to manage the integration of J-Phone into the Vodafone Group. In 2006 he became the governance director for Africa at Vodafone and subsidiary Safaricom. In 2010 he was appointed chief executive officer of Safaricom.
Collymore married his second wife, Wambui Kamiru, on 2 April 2016 in an invitation-only wedding at an upmarket residence in Kitisuru, Nairobi. Collymore met Kamiru in Nairobi during a fundraiser for survivors of the Loreto Convent Msongari school bus crash that occurred in July 2011. Wambui was part of the event in her capacity as an alumnus and Collymore was there representing Safaricom Foundation with fundraising. Collymore has two stepdaughters from his wife's first marriage to Joseph Kinyua.
|African Investor||CEO of the Year||2017|
|African Investor||International Business Leader||2016|
|President of Kenya||Moran of the Burning Spear||2012|
- "Bob Collymore - biography". Kenya Life. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Bob Collymore Biography, Family, Nationality, Children Wedding and Wife - Wambui Kamiru". Famous Kenyans. 2011-05-27. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Profile: Bob Collymore, CEO of Safaricom". The Habari Network. 2012-10-27. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Safaricom boss Bob Collymore weds Kenyan woman". Daily Nation. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- "Bob Collymore - Biography, Marriage, Wambui Kamiru, Divorce, Wife". Kenyan Life. 2016-04-03. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- "Bob Collymore - Biography, Marriage, Kamiru, Divorce, Wife". Kenyan Life. 2016-04-03. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- "Bob Collymore: Joy and pain of running Safaricom". Daily Nation. Retrieved 2017-11-05.