|Saugus, Massachusetts Town Manager|
|Preceded by||Thomas E. Duff|
|Succeeded by||Paul Rabchenuk|
|Alma mater||Suffolk University
Suffolk University Law School
In 1978, Cornetta served as an Assistant District Attorney in Essex County, Massachusetts. He then served as Town Clerk of Saugus, Massachusetts. On March 28, 1980 Cornetta was named Temporary Town Manager. From 1980 to 1981 he was the Town Manager. He then served as an assistant commissioner and director of the Division of Hearings in the Department of Public Welfare from 1981 to 1983.
In 1983 he was an unsuccessful candidate for the Saugus Board of Selectmen.
From 1983 to 1992, Cornetta ran a private law practice.
In 1992, Cornetta was appointed Associate Justice of the Ipswich District Court by Governor William Weld. In 1997 he was named that court's Presiding Justice. In 1998 he was named Presiding Justice of the Salem District Court and Regional Administrative Justice for Region II.
- City Bank of South Dakota vs. DeChristoforo. Declaring unconscionable and therefore unenforceable high credit card interest rates
- 15 Gloucester Parents vs. Gloucester Community Arts Charter School. Upholding school's operation in the city of Gloucester, Massachusetts
- Griess vs. Talx Corporation
- Bill Hudak's libel suit against Congressional opponent John F. Tierney
- Lawrence, Massachusetts Public Works Director Frank McCann's lawsuit against the city and former Mayors Kevin and Michael Sullivan
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts vs. Dooling. Enforcing animal cruelty and neglect charges
- Mills vs. AMC Theatres Slip and fall cases in darkened movie theatres are governed by the modern liability theory of "mode of operation", not by traditional negligence law
- "ADJUNCT FACULTY". Massachusetts School of Law at Andover. Massachusetts School of Law. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "Honorable Robert A. Cornetta". The Massachusetts Court System. Administrative Office of the Trial Court. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "Weld picks judge for Ipswich court". Boston Globe. March 6, 1992.
- "Saugus". Boston Globe. November 9, 1983.
- "Credit card interest the subject of a court fight". Salem News. January 27, 2011. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Judge tosses anti-charter suit". Gloucester Times. January 11, 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Contesting Jobless Claims Becomes a Boom Industry". New York Times. April 3, 2010. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Tierney fends off Hudak subpeona". Gloucester Times. October 27, 2010. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- Messenger, Brian (August 17, 2010). "Judge dismisses McCann lawsuit against city". The Eagle-Tribune. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "Man sentenced in 'horrific' cat case". Salem News. September 23, 2009. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Moviegoer can sue theater over injuries". Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly. December 6, 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2013.