||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Robert Jason Costanzo
October 20, 1942
Brooklyn, New York, United States
|Other names||See Also Credited As|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor|
Robert Jason Costanzo (born October 20, 1942) is an American actor. He has an acting career spanning over thirty years and is often found playing surly New York City types such as crooks, low level workers and policemen, and mixes both drama and comedy roles. Costanzo is also a prominent voice actor, and often serves as a voice double for Danny DeVito.
Early life and career
His first role was in the 1975 movie Dog Day Afternoon playing a cop, although this was an uncredited part. This was followed by a role as a paint store customer in the 1977 film Saturday Night Fever. Other movie roles include Total Recall, Die Hard 2, Dick Tracy, City Slickers, and Down and Derby. His television appearances are varied, with him appearing in Boston Legal, Hannah Montana, Friends, Days of Our Lives, The Golden Girls and numerous other series. He also starred as Commissioner Stenchler in the Sega CD game Sewer Shark.
He is also a cartoon voice actor and has done voices on shows including Disney's Hercules: The Animated Series, The Fairly OddParents, The Zeta Project, House of Mouse, Duckman, Bonkers, and Random! Cartoons, among others. He also did the voice of Detective Harvey Bullock on Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures and Static Shock, as well as in the theatrical release Mask of the Phantasm, and the video releases Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero, and Mystery of the Batwoman. He also played a vocal role in the 2006 video game The Sopranos: Road to Respect as Angelo and in the 2010 video game Mafia II as Joe Barbaro and Frederico "Fat Derek" Pappalardo.
He played softball in Los Angeles with actors Bruno Kirby and Leo Rossi in the late 1970s.
Recently, he returned to the role of Harvey Bullock for the release of Batman: Arkham Origins in 2013.
Also credited as
- Robert Castanzo
- Robert Constanzo
- Robert Costanza
- Rob Constanza
- Bobby Costanzo
- Bob Costanza
- Robert P. Costanzo
- Bob Castanze
- Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Static Shock and Batman: Arkham Origins – Detective Harvey Bullock
- Hannah Montana – Al Blaine, Jersey Guy
- Disney's Hercules: The Animated Series – Philoctetes (Phil)
- Family Guy – (voice)
- Mafia II – Joe Barbaro, Derek Pappalardo
- Kenan & Kel – Mr. Maniaci
- As Told by Ginger – Chief Bob
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air – Duke
- Friends and Joey – Joseph Tribbiani Sr.
- Total Recall – Harry
- Dick Tracy – Lips' bodyguard
- Sewer Shark – Commissioner Stenchler
- Man's Best Friend – Detective Frank Kovacs
- NYPD Blue – Alfonse Giardella
- Castle – Sal
- Die Hard 2 – Sgt. Vito Lorenzo
- Kingdom Hearts – Philoctetes (Phil)
- The Fairly OddParents – Easter Bunny
- Honeymoon in Vegas – Sidney Tomaschefsky
- Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer – Herb Birnbaum
- Forget Paris – Waiter
- NCIS – Jimmy Napolitano
- Foodfight! – Maximillus Moose
- Undisputed 3 – Gio Farnatti
- Modern Family – Earl Chambers
- Last Days of Coney Island – Max (voice)
- Down and Derby – Claude
- Air Bud: Golden Receiver – Coach Fanelli