|Born||May 14, 1951
Life and work
Robert Dafford is a current resident of Lafayette, Louisiana. He has painted over 400 works of public art across the United States, Canada, France, Belgium, and England. He has been painting murals, signs, and fine art paintings for 35 years.
In the past fifteen years, Dafford has concentrated on working along the Ohio River, painting over two hundred large historical images of cities on their floodwalls, using trompe l'œil, advanced perspective, and realist technique. Many riverboat tours make stops along the Ohio River specifically to see his murals. Dafford is best known for his murals in Paducah, Kentucky, Portsmouth, Ohio, and Covington, Kentucky. His giant "Clarinet" in New Orleans, and his depictions of the History of the Acadians.
The over sixty consecutive Portsmouth murals are over 20 feet (6.1 m) tall and stretch over 2,000 feet (610 m). Dafford's murals are created with the purpose of boosting downtown development in small communities. In 2009 he collaborated with former longtime employee Herb Roe on a poster project for the Zydeco Cajun Prairie Scenic Byway. The year-long project highlights many spots of interest in the three parish region.
- "New book details the work of Louisiana muralist Robert Dafford". The Acadiana Advocate. December 11, 2014. Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "Acadian Memorial-Mural by Robert Dafford". Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- Kristina Feliciano (February 1997). "Making Murals that hit the spot". American Artist.
- Portsmouth Murals "Scioto County, Ohio-The Mural Project" Check
|url=value (help). Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- "Murals moving along nicely". Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- "Acadian-Cajun Genealogy and History:Exile Destination:Acadian Art Gallery". Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- Kathy Witt. "KentuckyLiving.com Archives-Floodwall Murals Color Our Cities". Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- Phyllis Noah (2006-08-27). "Diverse Display". Portsmouth Daily Times.
- "Large Scale Map for Zydeco Cajun Prairie Scenic Byway Unveiled". Retrieved 2010-03-23.
- Bastien, Judy (2009-06-02). "Scenic byways map was unveiled-Dailyworld.com". The Daily World. Retrieved 2010-03-23.
|This article about a painter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|