Robert Dalzell, 11th Earl of Carnwath
His paternal grandfather was Robert Alexander Dalzell, 6th Earl of Carnwath, who had been restored to the Earldom of Carnwath and associated titles by an Act of Parliament in 1826. Three of Lieutenant-Colonel Dalzell's uncles had succeeded to the titles before he inherited them in 1887.
On 19 August 1873 he married Emily Sulivan Hippisley (1853–1889) and they had four children:
- Lady Ida Elizabeth Dalzell (9 June 1876 – bef. 1934), married, in 1907, Frederick Ramon de Bertodano, Marques del Moral
- Robert Hippisley Dalzell, Lord Dalzell (30 September 1877 – 2 August 1904)
- Lady Violet Charlotte Dalzell (18 March 1879 – 1 October 1956), married, in 1901, Lt.-Col. Hon. Harold Greenwood Henderson
- Ronald Arthur Dalzell, 12th Earl of Carnwath (1883–1931)
Dalzell served with the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders, rising to the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel. A representative peer for Scotland, he died while walking from his home, Carnwath House, Fulham, to the House of Lords. The grave of the 11th Earl is marked "12th Earl of Carnwath", which was actually the title of his successor, his second (but only surviving) son Ronald. This increment to the 11th Earl's number stems from Robert Dalzell, 1st Lord Dalzell often (though incorrectly) being included as the 1st Earl.
- http://www.eldonhouse.ca/d.aspx?s=/The_Family/default.htm Harris family
- Morgan, Henry James Types of Canadian women and of women who are or have been connected with Canada : (Toronto, 1903) 
- "No. 29056". The London Gazette (Supplement). 2 February 1915. p. 1135.
- The Times 9 March 1910.
- The Times 16 July 1931
- Harris, Robin and Harris, Terry, eds. The Eldon House Diaries. Toronto: Champlain Society, 1994.
- "Robert Harris Dalzell, 11th Earl of Carnwath". thePeerage.com. Retrieved 11 February 2008.
|Peerage of Scotland|
Harry Burrard Dalzell
|Earl of Carnwath
Ronald Arthur Dalzell
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|