Robert David Steele
- For other people named Robert Steele, see Robert Steele (disambiguation).
|Robert David Steele|
Robert David Steele
July 16, 1952 |
New York City, New York
|Occupation||Open-source intelligence advocate|
|Political party||Independent (2016–)
Libertarian Party (2015–2016)
Reform Party (–2015)
Robert David Steele (born July 16, 1952) is an American activist and former Central Intelligence Agency clandestine services case officer. He is known for his promotion of open-source intelligence (OSINT). He was a candidate for the Reform Party's nomination for President of the United States in the 2012 presidential election until February 23, 2012.
Life and career
Steele served in the Marine Corps as an 0203 Ground Intelligence Officer. After serving 4 years he joined CIA where he served for 10 years (3 tours overseas focused on extremist and terrorist targets). He resigned CIA to accept an invitation from the Marine Corps to stand up the Marine Corps Intelligence Center.
In 2011, Steele announced his intention to receive the nomination of the United States Reform Party. In November of that year, he crafted a proposed statement called the Electoral Reform Act of 2012 and presented it to the Occupy Wall Street Electoral Reform Committee. He withdrew on February 23, 2012, citing a lack of support from other prospective third party candidates.
Steele is prominently featured in the 2007 documentary American Drug War: The Last White Hope. He also appeared in two French documentaries: Les Hackers (English translation: Hackers), on the National Geographic Channel, CIA Guerres Secretes (By William Karel) and Le Monde selon Bush (English translation: The World according to Bush by William Karel), on the television channel Paris Première.
Claims about false flags
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- The Open Source Everything Manifesto
- INTELLIGENCE for EARTH - Clarity, Diversity, Integrity, & Sustainability
- On Intelligence: Spies and Secrecy in an Open World
- The New Craft of Intelligence: Personal, Public, & Political—Citizen's Action Handbook for Fighting Terrorism, Genocide, Disease, Toxic Bombs, & Corruption
- Information Operations: All Information, All Languages, All the Time
- THE SMART NATION ACT: Public Intelligence in the Public Interest
- Information operations: putting the "I" back into DIME
- Peacekeeping Intelligence: Emerging Concepts for the Future
- "Robert Steele: I am no longer a candidate for the Libertarian Party Presidential Nomination". Independent Political Report. January 6, 2016. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- Wired article How to Restore Spies Credibility: Go Open Source published December 14, 2007. See also: *Agee, Philip. Inside the Company: CIA Diary. Penguin Books, 1975, p. 528. ISBN 0-14-004007-2.
- Nafeez Ahmed. "The open source revolution is coming and it will conquer the 1% - ex CIA spy". The Guardian.
- "Robert David Steele ends campaign for the Reform Party presidential nomination". Independent Political Report.
- "Robert Steele OWS Electoral Reform Proposal".
- "Robert David Steele Seeking Libertarian Presidential Nomination, Wants to Create Coalition to End "Two Party Tyranny"". Independent Political Report. June 16, 2015. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- "Robert Steele Declares for Libertarian Nomination". We The People Reform Coalition. June 16, 2015. Retrieved June 19, 2015.