Robert David Steele
This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to improve the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- For other people named Robert Steele, see Robert Steele (disambiguation).
|Robert David Steele|
Robert David Steele
July 16, 1952 |
New York, New York
|Occupation||Open-source intelligence advocate|
|Political party||Independent (2016–)
Libertarian Party (2015–2016)
Reform Party (–2015)
Robert David Steele (born July 16, 1952) is a former military intelligence officer, former Central Intelligence Agency officer, and co-founder of the Marine Corps Intelligence Center (now a Command). He is widely known for his promotion of open-source intelligence (OSINT). He was a candidate for the Reform Party's nomination for President of the United States in the 2012 presidential election until February 23, 2012. Steele has been labeled a conspiracy theorist for publicly stating NASA runs a secret child slave colony on Mars.
Life and career
Raised in Colombia and Southeast Asia (including Thailand and South Vietnam) by an American-born father (a petroleum engineer) and a Colombian-born mother, Steele completed his secondary education in Singapore in 1970. He received a B.A. in political science from Muhlenberg College in 1974 and an M.A. in international relations from Lehigh University in 1976. From 1975 to 1979, he served in the United States Marine Corps as an officer variously assigned to infantry, ground intelligence and security/personnel duties in Colombia, El Salvador, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Panama and the Philippines. Following his service obligation, he remained in the Marine Forces Reserve until 1996 as an adjunct faculty member at Marine Corps University and developer of the Marine Corps Master Intelligence Plan, ultimately attaining the rank of major.
In 1979, he joined the Central Intelligence Agency as an operations officer. During three tours overseas focused on extremist and terrorist targets in Latin America, Steele recruited 25 traitors[to whom?] and managed over 100 clandestine assets. Hand-picked to pioneer advanced information technology for the Agency, he was a member of the Advanced Information Processing & Analysis Steering Group and the Advanced Program & Evaluation Group. During this period, he received a second master's degree in public administration in 1987 from the University of Oklahoma, where he completed a thesis on strategic and tactical national security information management and was elected to Pi Alpha Alpha. He resigned from the CIA in 1988 to accept an invitation from the Marine Corps to establish the Marine Corps Intelligence Center as a GM-14 civil servant, where he remained until 1993. Steele also received a professional certificate in defense studies from the Naval War College in 1990.
From 1993 to 2010, Steele served as chief executive officer of Open Source Solutions, a pioneering open-source intelligence firm.
In 2011, Steele announced his intention to receive the nomination of the United States Reform Party. In November of that year, he crafted a proposed statement called the Electoral Reform Act of 2012 and presented it to the Occupy Wall Street Electoral Reform Committee. He withdrew on February 23, 2012, citing a lack of support from other prospective third party candidates.
Mars child colony claims
During a June 2017 guest appearance on the Alex Jones Show, Steele said, "This may strike your listeners as way out, but we actually believe that there is a colony on Mars. It is populated by children who were kidnapped and sent into space on a 20 year ride so that once they get to Mars they have no alternative but to be slaves on the Mars colony."
He went on to make the following claims about the alleged Mars abductees: “Pedophilia does not stop with sodomizing children. It goes straight into terrorizing them to adrenalize their blood and then murdering them. It also includes murdering them so that they can have their bone marrow harvested as well as body parts.”
Subsequently, a NASA spokesman issued a denial stating, "There are no humans on Mars."
- The Open-Source Everything Manifesto: Transparency, Truth, and Trust (North Atlantic Books, 2012)
- "Robert Steele: I am no longer a candidate for the Libertarian Party Presidential Nomination". Independent Political Report. January 6, 2016. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- "Mr. Robert D. Steele - Strategic Studies Institute". ssi.armywarcollege.edu. Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- Guisnel, Jean (1999). Cyberwars : espionage on the Internet. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Books. p. 230. ISBN 0738202606. OCLC 53440152.
- Wired article How to Restore Spies Credibility: Go Open Source published December 14, 2007.ISBN 0-14-004007-2.
- Nafeez Ahmed. "The open source revolution is coming and it will conquer the 1% - ex CIA spy". The Guardian.
- "Robert David Steele ends campaign for the Reform Party presidential nomination". Independent Political Report.
- "CIA Insider: Pedophilia Is Only the Gateway, Vampirism Is The Destination". YouTube. Retrieved 2017-06-30.
- "Robert Steele OWS Electoral Reform Proposal".
- "Robert David Steele Seeking Libertarian Presidential Nomination, Wants to Create Coalition to End "Two Party Tyranny"". Independent Political Report. June 16, 2015. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- "Robert Steele Declares for Libertarian Nomination". We The People Reform Coalition. June 16, 2015. Archived from the original on June 19, 2015. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Holley, Peter (1 July 2017). "No, NASA is not hiding kidnapped children on Mars". The Washington Post. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- Collins, Ben (2017-01-30). "NASA Denies That It's Running a Child Slave Colony on Mars". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 2017-06-30.