This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Robert V. Dugoni (born 1961) is an American author currently living in Seattle, Washington. His novels have earned spots on The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, BookSense and Amazon bestseller lists. They are sold worldwide in more than 25 countries.
Growing up the middle child in a family of ten siblings, Dugoni jokes that he did not get much of a chance to talk, so he wrote. By the seventh grade he knew he wanted to be a writer.
Dugoni wrote his way to Stanford University, receiving writing awards along the way, and majored in communications/journalism and creative writing while working as a reporter for the Stanford Daily. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa and worked briefly as a reporter in the Metro Office and the San Gabriel Valley Office of the Los Angeles Times.
Dugoni attended the UCLA School of Law and practiced as a trial attorney in San Francisco for 13 years at Gordon & Rees. His longing to return to writing never wavered, however, and in 1998 he awoke one morning and made the decision to write novels. On his 4th wedding anniversary, he drove a U-Haul trailer across the Oregon-Washington border and settled in Seattle to pursue his dreams.
For the next three years, Dugoni worked in an 8 foot by 8 foot windowless office in Pioneer Square to complete his first novels.
Dugoni is a two-time winner of the Pacific Northwest Writer's Association's Literary Award, has twice been nominated for the Harper Lee Award for Legal Fiction (Murder One and My Sister's Grave), was a 2015 and 2017 International Thriller Writer's finalist for thriller of the year (My Sister's Grave and In The Clearing), a 2017 finalist for the Mystery Writers of America Edgar Award (The Seventh Canon), and the 2015 winner of the Nancy Pearl Award for Fiction (My Sister's Grave). In 2010 The Providence Rhode Island Journal called him, "The undisputed king of the legal thriller." His novels Bodily Harm and Murder One have been recognized by the Los Angeles Times and Library Journal as top five thrillers of the year. My Sister's Grave became an Amazon, Library Journal, and Suspense Magazine 2014 Best Book of the Year and a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller, as well as the #1 Amazon download in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Italy and France. In The Clearing is an Amazon and Wall Street Journal bestseller. The Trapped Girl is a #1 Wall Street Journal Bestseller. His true story expose, The Cyanide Canary, was a Washington Post 2004 Best Book of the year.
In addition to writing novels, Dugoni teaches the craft of writing throughout the United States.
- The Cyanide Canary (Simon & Schuster, Free Press, 2004) ISBN 978-0743246521
- Damage Control (Grand Central Publishing, 2007) ISBN 978-0446617086
- The Seventh Canon (Thomas & Mercer, 2016) ISBN 978-1503939424
- The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell: A Novel (Amazon Publishing, 2018) ISBN 978-1503949003
- The Eighth Sister (Thomas & Mercer, 2019) ISBN 978-1503903319
David Sloane novels
- The Jury Master (Grand Central Publishing, March 2006) ISBN 978-0446617079
- Wrongful Death (Simon & Schuster, Touchstone, April 2009) ISBN 978-1416591009
- Bodily Harm (Simon & Schuster, Touchstone, 2010) ISBN 978-1416592983
- Murder One (Simon & Schuster, Touchstone 2011) ISBN 978-1451606690
- The Conviction (Simon & Schuster, Touchstone, 2012) ISBN 978-1451606720
Tracy Crosswhite novels
- My Sister's Grave (Thomas & Mercer, 2014) ISBN 978-1477825570
- Her Final Breath (Thomas & Mercer, 2015) ISBN 978-1503945029
- In the Clearing (Thomas & Mercer, 2016) ISBN 978-1503953574
- The Trapped Girl (Thomas & Mercer, 2017) ISBN 978-1503940406
- Close to Home (Thomas & Mercer, 2017) ISBN 978-1542045018 (9/5/17)
- A Steep Price (Thomas & Mercer, 2018)
Tracy Crosswhite Series
- The Academy (Thomas & Mercer, 2014) ASIN B00LMKD6SU
- Third Watch (Amazon Digital Services, 2015) ASIN B0141GRCVS
- What I Would Tell Her (Harlequin, Original Edition, 2010) ISBN 978-0373892105
- Killer Nashville Noir: Cold Blooded (Diversion Books, 2015) ISBN 978-1626818781