Robert E. Lamberton High School
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Robert E. Lamberton High School was an American high school located in the Overbrook Park section of Philadelphia. Lamberton HS had 350 students. The majority of students were African-American, while 2 percent were Caucasian or other ethnic groups the last year it was opened. When it was opened it was primarily all Caucasian students. The school is named for Robert Eneas Lamberton, who served as Mayor of Philadelphia from 1940 to 1941.
- Marla Travis Curtis, 2003–2014, Elementary Principal and 2011–present, after High School merger
- Florence P. Johnson (2005–2006)
- Darlene Tolbert (2006–2007)
- Tina Caldwell (2007–2008)
- Deborah Jumpp (2008–2011)
Lamberton has the academic programs that the commonwealth of Pennsylvania mandates. They teach to prepare for the Benchmark Test, which is given every 6 weeks in each major subject. They do have AP Classes in American History, English Literature and Composition, and Calculus. They also support Dual Enrollment classes. They administer the PSAT and SAT tests, and have SAT Prep courses in English.
In 2007, the percent of students who scored proficient or advanced on the PSSA in math (19%) and in reading (21%) was lower than the state target (Math-45%, Reading-54%). Lamberton's achievement on the PSSA is lower than the district and state averages. However, Lamberton made AYP in 2007 because its performance has improved over the last three years.
In 2009-10 the school received a major upgrade to the classroom acoustics to meet ANSI/ASA S12.60-2009 standards, which is documented in this video.
- Matheson, Kathy (March 7, 2013). "4 PHILADELPHIA SCHOOLS SAVED, 23 CLOSING AFTER SRC VOTE". WPVI-TV (ABC). Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- "Robert E Lamberton High School". Great Schools Philly. Retrieved May 6, 2015.
- Lamberton School at the School District of Philadelphia
- Lamberton School @ Greatschools.net
- School Matters
- Robert E. Lamberton School - Soundsoak & Sound Diffusers
- Lamberton Attendance Boundary (Archive)
|This Pennsylvania school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|