Robert Fletcher (priest)
He was born in Fremantle, Western Australia and educated at Heath Grammar School, Halifax where he was admitted in 1861, and at Rossall School and Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge and ordained in 1874. He was an Assistant Master at King William’s College, Isle of Man then Curate of Tarleton. He became the Rector and Vicar of that parish in 1875 and was in post  until 1908. From then he was Rector of Chorley.
He married firstly Helen Rawcliffe in 1878, with whom he had five children; and in 1909 Jessie Tyas née Knowles  He was an Alderman of Lancashire County Council from 1889; and Surrogate of the Diocese of Manchester from 1888.
On his death he was buried in the churchyard of St Mary, Tarleton.
- Lancashire : biographies, Rolls of Honour
- ’Deaths’ The Times (London, England), Tuesday, Feb 27, 1917; pg. 9; Issue 41413
- ’UNIVERSITY INTELLIGENCE’The Standard (London, England), Friday, May 25, 1888; pg. 3; Issue 19929
- ’PREFERMENTS AND APPOINTMENTS’ The Sheffield & Rotherham Independent (Sheffield, England), Thursday, June 10, 1875; pg. 2; Issue 5951
- Ecclesiastical Appointments.-Rev. Richard. The Times (London, England), Thursday, Jun 10, 1875; pg. 10; Issue 28338
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- British History On-line
- National Archives
- Family web-site
- Lancashire parish Clerks )n-line
- ‘FLETCHER, Ven. Robert Crompton’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007 accessed 23 June 2013
- ’LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL’ The Preston Guardian etc (Preston, England), Saturday, April 6, 1889; Issue 3965
- "Robert Crompton Fletcher". findagrave. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
|Church of England titles|
Francis Alexander Randal Cramer-Roberts
|Archdeacon of Blackburn
Willoughby Charles Allen
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|