|Robert T. Gerlai|
Robert Gerlai, August 2009
|Born||1960 (age 55–56)
|Institutions||University of Toronto|
|Alma mater||Eötvös Loránd University|
|Doctoral advisor||Vilmos Csanyi|
Robert T. Gerlai (Gerlai Róbert, Budapest, 1960) is a Hungarian-born Canadian behavior geneticist. He obtained his PhD in 1987 from the Eötvös Loránd University in Budapest. He has worked in the biotechnology (Genentech) and biopharmaceutical research industries (Eli Lilly and Company and Saegis Pharmaceuticals) as senior scientist and executive as well as at different universities. Currently, he is full professor of psychology and associate chair of the Department of Psychology at the University of Toronto. The Web of Science lists over 140 peer-reviewed publications for him, which have been cited almost 6000 times, resulting in an h-index of 40. Gerlai has worked with several different animal species, including paradise fish and mice. He currently uses zebrafish in his research and studies the effects of alcohol on brain function and behavior, including social behavior, fear-anxiety, and learning and memory.
Gerlai has been president of the International Behavioral Neuroscience Society and is a member of the editorial boards of Genes, Brain and Behavior, Neurotoxicology and Teratology, and Learning and Behavior. He is section editor for behavioral neuroscience of BMC Neuroscience. In 2013, Gerlai received the Distinguished Scientist Award from the International Behavioural and Neural Genetics Society.
- "Gerlai Laboratory @ The University of Toronto, Mississauga". Retrieved 2009-04-15.
- Science Citation Index. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014-10-13.
- Wilkes, Jim (6 February 2011). "Drunk fish may hold secrets to alcoholism in humans". Toronto Star (Toronto). Retrieved 2015-08-04.
- "Past Presidents". International Behavioral Neuroscience Society. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
- "Journal Information". Genes, Brain and Behavior. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
- "Neurotoxicology and Teratology Editorial Board". Neurotoxicology and Teratology. Elsevier. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
- "Editorial board". Learning & Behavior. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
- "Section Editors". BMC Neuroscience. BioMed Central. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
- "IBANGS Awards". International Behavioural and Neural Genetics Society. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
|This article about a Hungarian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a geneticist or evolutionary biologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|