Robert Gifford (psychologist)
|Alma mater||Simon Fraser University, University of California, Davis|
|Fields||environmental psychology, social psychology, personality psychology|
|Institutions||University of Victoria|
|Academic advisors||Robert Sommer|
Robert Gifford is professor of Psychology and Environmental Studies at the University of Victoria (British Columbia, Canada). His main research interests are environmental psychology, social psychology, and personality psychology. He has worked on nonverbal behavior and on climate change behavior barriers. Gifford is the author of 5 editions of Environmental Psychology: Principles and Practice, which has also been translated into Japanese, and edited Research Methods for Environmental Psychology (2016). From 2004 to 2016, he was the editor in chief of the Journal of Environmental Psychology. Gifford also serves on the editorial boards of Architectural Science Review and Applied Psychology. In addition, he has served as President of the environmental divisions of the American Psychological Association, the International Association of Applied Psychology, and the Canadian Psychological Association. </ref>
- Gifford, Robert, ed. (2016). Research Methods for Environmental Psychology (1st ed.). New York: Wiley. p. 438. ISBN 978-1-118-79533-0.
- Gifford, Robert (2014). Environmental Psychology: Principles and Practice (5th ed.). Colville, WA: Optimal Books. p. 599. ISBN 978-0-9937719-0-3.
- Gifford, Robert (2005). 環境心理学〜原理と実践〜 [2-volume Japanese translation of Environmental psychology: Principles and Practice]. Tokyo: Kitaohji Shobo. pp. 370 and 438. ISBN 978-4-76282448-7.
- Gifford, Robert, ed. (1991). Applied Psychology: Variety and Opportunity. Boston: Allyn and Bacon. p. 384. ISBN 978-0-205-12664-4.
- 1991 Fellow of the Canadian Psychological Association
- 1992 Fellow of the American Psychological Association
- 2007 Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science
- 2007 Career Award from the Environmental Design Research Association
- 2016 Newman-Proshansky Career Achievement Award (Division 34, American Psychological Association) 
- 2016 Award for Distinguished Contributions to the International Advancement of Psychology (Canadian Psychological Association) 
- 2019 Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada 
- Goleman, Daniel (1991-09-17). "Non-Verbal Cues Are Easy to Misinterpret - NYTimes.com". New York Times. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- Gifford R (October 2009). "Q&A: The science of persuasion. Interview by Sanjay Khanna". Nature. 461 (7267): 1059. doi:10.1038/4611059a. PMID 19847247.
- "The psychology of climate inaction". Public Radio International. 2009-08-09. Archived from the original on 2011-04-06. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- "Journal of Environmental Psychology - Editorial Board". Elsevier. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- "Architectural Science Review - Editorial Board". Earthscan. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- "Applied Psychology: An International Review - Journal Information". Wiley-Blackwell. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- "APS Fellows". Association for Psychological Science. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- "EDRA Career Award". Environmental Design Research Association. Archived from the original on 2010-09-04. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- "APA Career Award". American Psychological Association.
- "CPA International Advancement Award" (PDF). Canadian Psychological Association.
- "Fellow Royal Society of Canada". Royal Society of Canada.