Robert Grant (Kansas politician)
Robert (Bob) Grant
|Member of the Kansas House of Representatives
from the 2nd district
November 28, 1948|
Clovis, New Mexico
|Died||December 9, 2015
|Political party||Democratic Party|
|Alma mater||Labette Community College|
Robert P. Grant (November 28, 1948 – December 9, 2015) was a Democratic member of the Kansas House of Representatives, representing the 2nd district. He served his first term from 1991 to 1994 and served from 1997 to 2013.
Prior to becoming a representative, Grant served as mayor of Cherokee for 16 years. Long active in the community, he was involved with the American Legion, West Mineral Eagles and Pittsburg Elks Lodge #412 and with Big Brothers/Big Sisters and the Cherokee Gun Club.
Grant was married to his wife Lynn for 39 years. They have a daughter and two grandchildren.
- Financial Institutions (Ranking Member)
- Insurance (Ranking Member)
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Joint Committee on State Building Construction (Chair)
The top 5 donors to Grant's 2008 campaign came mostly from professional associations:
- 1. Midwest Minerals $1,000
- 2. Kansas National Education Assoc $1,000
- 3. Kansans for Lifesaving Cures $1,000
- 4. Kansas Optometric Assoc $800
- 5. Kansas Bankers Assoc $800
- Kansas Democratic Party - Rep. Bob Grant
- Andrew Nash. "Rep. Bob Grant announces retirement". The Morning Sun. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- Obituary Robert “Bob” Grant
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Follow the Money campaign contributions:
- Kansas Democrats Biography
|This article about a Kansas politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|