Guédiguian at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival
Robert Jules Guédiguian|
3 December 1953
|Occupation||Film director, producer, screenwriter, actor|
Ariane Ascaride (m. 1975)
Life and career
Guédiguian is the son of a German mother and an Armenian father. He evokes his paternal roots in his 2006 film Le Voyage en Armenie. He has a working-class background - his father is a worker on the Marseille docks. He became concerned with political questions and for a while was involved with the French Communist Party. In 2008 he joined the Left Party.
Like Marcel Pagnol and René Allio before him, he anchors his films in social reality. His films are strongly marked by the local and regional environment of the city of Marseille, and in particular L'Estaque, (north-west Marseille), for example in Marius et Jeannette. His 2011 film The Snows of Kilimanjaro premiered in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.
- 1990: L'Ami Giono: Jofroi de la Maussan (Telefilm)
- 2002: Lulu as Marius
- 2012: Rendezvous in Kiruna
- "Festival de Cannes: Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- "Cannes film festival 2011: The full lineup". guardian.co.uk. London. 2011-04-14. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- "Ariane Ascaride - La biographie de Ariane Ascaride". Gala.fr.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Robert Guédiguian.|