Robert H. Hudson
Robert H. Hudson
|Education||San Francisco Art Institute|
|Movement||Modernist sculpture, Geometric abstraction|
Robert Hudson (born 1938) is an American artist. He was born in Salt Lake City, Utah and grew up in Richland, Washington. He received a B.F.A in 1961 and an M.F.A. in 1963, both from the San Francisco Art Institute.
Several public collections hold work by Robert Hudson. They are:
- The Addison Gallery of American Art (Andover, Massachusetts),
- The Albright-Knox Art Gallery (Buffalo, New York),
- The Art Institute of Chicago,
- The National Gallery of Art (Washington, DC),
- The Crocker Art Museum (Sacramento),
- The Henry Art Gallery (University of Washington, Seattle),
- The Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden (Washington, DC),
- The Honolulu Museum of Art,
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art,
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston,
- The Museum of Modern Art (New York City),
- The de Young Museum (San Francisco, California),
- The Oakland Museum of California (Oakland, California),
- The Palm Springs Desert Museum (Palm Springs, California),
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art,
- The Saint Louis Art Museum,
- The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art,
- The Stedelijk Museum (Amsterdam, Netherlands),
- The University Art Museum (University of California, Berkeley),
- The Utah Museum of Fine Arts (Salt Lake City), and
- The Whitney Museum of American Art (New York City).
Hudson is currently represented by:
- Brian Gross Fine Art in San Francisco, California.
- Bivins Gallery in Dallas, Texas.
- Beal, Graham W.J., Jan Butterfield & Michael Schwager, Robert Hudson, a Survey, San Francisco, San Francisco Museum of Art, 1985.
- Brooks, Rosetta, Christine Giles & Katherine Plake Hough, Collaborations: William Allan, Robert Hudson, William Wiley, Palm Springs, Calif., Palm Springs Desert Museum, 1998.
- Reynolds, Jock, Robert Hudson and Richard Shaw, New Ceramic Sculpture, Andover, MA, Addison Gallery of American Art, 1998.
- Rose Art Museum, Robert Hudson, Sculpture, William T. Wiley, Painting: Patrons and Friends, Waltham, Mass., Rose Art Museum, Brandeis University, 1991.
- Schjeldahl. Peter, East and West and ROBERT HUDSON, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Moore College of Art Gallery, 1977.
- San Francisco Museum of Art, Robert Hudson / Richard Shaw, Work in Porcelain, San Francisco, San Francisco Museum of Art, 1973.