Robert Hay-Drummond, 10th Earl of Kinnoull
The Earl of Kinnoull
|Lord Lyon King of Arms|
|Preceded by||John Hooke-Campbell|
|Succeeded by||Thomas Hay-Drummond|
|Born||18 March 1751|
|Died||19 April 1804 (aged 53)|
Robert Auriol Hay-Drummond, 10th Earl of Kinnoull PC (18 March 1751 – 19 April 1804) was a Scottish peer and Lord Lyon King of Arms. His titles were Earl of Kinnoull, Viscount Dupplin and Lord Hay of Kinfauns in the Peerage of Scotland and Baron Hay of Pedwardine in the Peerage of Great Britain.
Robert Auriol Hay-Drummond was the eldest son of the Most Rev. and Rt. Hon. Robert Hay Drummond, the Archbishop of York, and Henrietta Auriol. In 1739, his father Robert Hay took on the Drummond name and arms as heir of entail of his great-grandfather William, Viscount Strathallan.
From 1796, when he was sworn of the Privy Council, until his death in 1804, Lord Kinnoull served as Lord Lyon King of Arms. He was succeeded as Lord Lyon and in the earldom of Kinnoull by his son Thomas.
Marriage and issue
Hay-Drummond married Julia Eyre on 12 April 1779; she died 29 March 1780. On 3 June 1781, he married Sarah, fourth daughter of Right Hon. Thomas Harley, Lord Mayor of London. They had four children:
- Henrietta (23 August 1783 – 7 October 1854) - married Henry Drummond, grandson of Henry, Viscount Melville
- Thomas Robert (5 April 1785 18 – February 1866)
- Francis John (17 September 1786– 20 October 1810) - drowned in the River Earn
- Sarah Maria (21 June 1788 – 11 July 1874) - married the Rev. George Murray, Bishop of Rochester, nephew of the Duke of Atholl
- James Balfour Paul (1908). The Scots Peerage. D. Douglas. p. 232.
- Kearsley's Complete, 2: Together with an Extinct Peerage of the Three Kingdoms List of All Their Family Names, Titles of Elder Sons & and Translation of Their Mottos. G. Kearsley. 1804. p. 355.