Robert Herman Flock
Robert Herman Flock
|Titular Bishop of Forum Popilii (near Forlì)
Auxiliary Bishop of Cochabamba
|See||Titular See of Forum Popilii (near Forlì)|
|Appointed||October 31, 2012|
|Consecration||January 17, 2013
by Tito Solari Capellari
|Birth name||Robert Herman Flock|
November 4, 1956|
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
Born in Sparta, Wisconsin, Flock was ordained to the priesthood on July 9, 1982, for the Roman Catholic Diocese of La Crosse, Wisconsin. Flock received theological training from St. Francis de Salles College Seminary, as well as from the Pontifical North American College and the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome, where he received a degree in Biblical Theology.
Flock arrived in Bolivia in 1988, where he began missionary work and priestly ministry in Santa Cruz. He was appointed Assistant Vicar for the Parish of Santa Cruz, and was responsible for pastoral vocations.
On October 31, 2012, Pope Benedict XVI appointed him to be titular bishop of Forum Popilii, today Forlimpopoli, near Forlì, in Italy, and auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of Cochabamba.
- "La Crosse Priest Names Bishop in Bolivia". La Crosse Tribune. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Benedicto XVI nombra dos nuevos obispos para Bolivia". El Día (in Spanish). 1 November 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "El Papa nombra dos nuevos obispos". Los Tiempos (in Spanish). 1 November 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Pontifical Acts for Oct 31". EWTN.com. 31 October 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- Gould, Stan. "Monsignor Flock elevated to bishop in Bolivia". The Catholic Times. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- Cheney, David M. "Bishop Robert Herman Flock Bever". The Hierarchy of the Catholic Church. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
|Catholic Church titles|
|Auxiliary Bishop of Cochabamba
|This article about a Catholic bishop from South America is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a Bolivian religious figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|