Robert Holden (author)
|Born||1965 (age 51–52)|
|Occupation||Author, broadcaster, Coach, public speaker|
|Subject||Happiness, Success, Love|
Robert Holden (born 1965) is a British psychologist, author, and broadcaster, who works in the field of positive psychology and well-being, and is considered "Britain's foremost expert on happiness". He is the founder of the "Happiness Project", which runs an eight-week course annually, called "Happiness Now", and the author of 10 best-selling books such as, Happiness NOW!, Be Happy, Success Intelligence and Shift Happens!. He runs the National Health Service (NHS) Stress Buster clinic, established first NHS "laughter clinic", and runs regular happiness workshops and seminars, with clients including employees of the NHS, the BBC and British Telecom.
Holden is a personal and professional coach, and the Director of The Happiness Project and Success Intelligence, through which he gives public lectures worldwide and holds public and corporate workshops and seminars for companies such as Dove, Virgin, The Body Shop and Unilever.
The Happiness Project, founded in England, featured in on two BBC TV documentaries:The Happiness Formula and How to be Happy (Q.E.D.). Holden does a weekly talk radio show on Hay House Radio, and appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show in April 2007.
Robert Holden was born in Nairobi, Kenya. Robert Holden founded his NHS Stress Buster clinic, (laughter clinic) in 1989 in Birmingham, England. In 1994, he founded "The Happiness Project". In 2000, he founded Success Intelligence Ltd. He Robert is the author of 10 books, published in 14 languages, including Be Happy: Release The Power of Happiness in YOU, Happiness NOW!, Laughter The Best Medicine, Shift Happens!: Powerful Ways to Transform Your Life, Stress Busters, and Success Intelligence, and has also appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Balancing Work and life, with Ben Renshaw. Dorling Kindersley Pub., 2002. ISBN 0-7894-8411-0.
- Happiness Now!: Timeless Wisdom for Feeling Good Fast], Hay House, Oct 2007. ISBN 1-4019-2039-X.
- Success Intelligence, Hay House, May 2009. ISBN 1-4019-2171-X.
- Shift Happens!: Powerful Ways to Transform Your Life, Jeffers Press, Oct 2006, ISBN 0-9777618-2-7.
- Be Happy: Release the power of happiness in YOU, Hay House, April 2009, ISBN 1-4019-2180-9.
- Happiness NOW! Perpetual Flip Calendar, Hay House, Nov 2008. ISBN 1-4019-2313-5.
- Success NOW! Perpetual Flip Calendar. Hay House, Nov 2010. ISBN 978-1-4019-2394-5.
- Shift Happens!: How to Live and Inspired Life Starting from NOW!, Hay House, Sep 2010. ISBN 978-1-84850-168-3.
- Happiness NOW!: Timeless wisdom for feeling good fast, Hay House, Jan 2011. ISBN 978-1-84850-170-6.
- Authentic Success: Essential Lessons and Practices from the World's Leading Coaching Program on Success Intelligence, Hay House, Inc, 2011. ISBN 1-4019-2824-2.
- "Happy now? The course claiming to replace the blues with true happiness". Daily Mail. 13 April 2008.
- "More please: More money, more security, more certainty... would it really make us any happier?". Daily Mail. 24 August 2009.
Britain's foremost expert on happiness, psychologist Dr Robert Holden, who is Oprah's happiness guru, appearing on her show..
- "The search for happiness". The Times. 20 December 2009.
counts Oprah Winfrey among its fans. He is also the author of bestsellers on the subject..
- "The Pursuit of Happiness". The Oprah Winfrey Show. 11 April 2007.
- "What are you willing to do to be happy?". CNN. 11 February 2008.
- "Positive thinking ...". The Independent. 8 May 1994.
- "Secret of your smile". The Independent. 28 August 1996.
- "Real living: Love changes everything". The Independent. 11 October 1998.
- Public speaking at jefferspress
- Robert Holden Hay House Radio.
- Profile at speakerscorner
- Robert Holden The Oprah Winfrey Show