March 23, 1991 |
|FIDE rating||2621 (June 2017)|
|Peak rating||2636 (February 2016)|
Robert Hovhannisyan (Armenian: Ռոբերտ Հովհաննիսյան; born March 23, 1991) is an Armenian chess Grandmaster (2010). He won the 71st Armenian Chess Championship in 2011 and was a member of the gold-medal winning Armenian team at the World Team Chess Championship in Ningbo 2011.
In August 2011 Hovhannisyan tied for first place with Dariusz Swiercz in the World Junior Chess Championship in Chennai, placing second on tiebreak. In January 2012 he took second place in the 72nd Armenian Chess Championship. In 2013 he won the 6th Karen Asrian Memorial in Jermuk.
- Titles approved at the 2nd Quarter Presidential Board 2010, FIDE
- GM Robert Hovhannisyan is the new Armenian champion, FIDE
- "50th World Junior Chess Championship". Chess-Results.com. 2011-08-15. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "72nd ARM Championship. The Highest League". Chess-Results.com. 2012-01-22. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "6th K. Asrian Memorial". Chess-Results.com. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "GM Alexei Shirov clinches the title in 5th Riga Technical University Open". Chessdom. 2015-08-19. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- Robert Hovhannisyan chess games at 365Chess.com
- Robert Hovhannisyan player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|This biographical article relating to an Armenian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|