|Date of birth:||March 3, 1981|
|Place of birth:||Cavalier, North Dakota|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||301 lb (137 kg)|
|High school:||Cavalier (ND)|
|College:||North Dakota State|
|NFL Draft:||2005 / Round: 5 / Pick: 165|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Nathan Robert "Rob" Hunt (born March 3, 1981) was an American football center and offensive lineman in the National Football League. Originally drafted by the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League in the fifth round of the 2005 NFL Draft.
Hunt attended Cavalier Public High School, where he was two-time All-Conference, All-Region, and All-State selection. He was also a three-time state wrestling qualifier and two-time state place winner. He was also a state runner-up as a senior.
As a redshirt freshman in 2001, he started 10 games. He helped the team average 35 points and 335 yards-per-game. As a sophomore in 2002, he started 10 games, and helped the team average 338.2 yards-per-game. As a junior in 2003, he started 11 games. He was named a team captain, he also helped the team average 30.1 points and 355.5 yards-per-game. He did not allow Quarterback sack and allowed just one Quarterback pressure all season. He had 32 knockdown blocks and a 93.5% blocking consistency.
Arena Football League (2008 - present)
On July 1, 2008, Hunt was signed by the New Orleans Saints. While with the Saints, he played in just one preseason game, against the Arizona Cardinals, and was inactive against Houston and Cincinnati. However, on August 25, he was waived by the team.
On June 24, 2008, the VooDoo placed him on the Exempt: Other league list, because he was attending training camp with the New Orleans Saints. On September 22, the VooDoo activated him from the Exempt: Other league list. However, the New Orleans VooDoo ceased operations on October 13, 2008, which entered Hunt as well as every other player for the VooDoo into the 2009 AFL Dispersal Draft.
Hunt served as an assistant offensive line/tight-end/strength and conditioning coach at Valley City State University during the 2009 season, taking over as the Offensive Coordinator in 2010, though retaining his duties with the offensive line and strength and conditioning. Hunt is currently the offensive line and offensive coordinator at Moorhead State in Minnesota.
- "New Orleans VooDoo Historical Team Transactions". ArenaFan.com. Retrieved December 4, 2008.
- "Saints Sign OL Rob Hunt & Isaiah Ross". NewOrleansSaints.com. New Orleans Saints. July 1, 2008. Retrieved December 4, 2008.
- Boudreaux, Nathan (August 27, 2008). "Checking in on AFL players in NFL training camp". ArenaFootball.com. Archived from the original on January 17, 2009. Retrieved December 4, 2008.
- "Saint Trim Roster". NewOrleansSaints.com. New Orleans Saints. August 25, 2008. Retrieved December 4, 2008.
- "Transactions: Tuedsday, June 24". ArenaFootball.com. Arena Football League. June 24, 2008. Retrieved December 4, 2008.[dead link]
- "Transactions: Monday, September 22". ArenaFootball.com. Arena Football League. September 22, 2008. Archived from the original on October 3, 2008. Retrieved December 4, 2008.
- Hogan, Nakia (2008-10-13). "New Orleans VooDoo is folding". Nola.com. Times-Picayune. Retrieved 2008-10-15.