Robert Hutchinson (author)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Robert Hutchinson at Athens, 2014
November 12, 1957 |
|Education||MA, theology, BA, philosophy|
|Alma mater||Seattle University|
|Genre||History, Travel, Religion|
|Notable works||The Dawn of Christianity,
Searching for Jesus: New Discoveries in the Quest for Jesus of Nazareth,
When in Rome: A Journal of Life in Vatican City
|Notable awards||Society of Professional Journalists, Associated Church Press, Catholic Press Association|
|Spouse||Glenn Ellen (m. 1990)|
Robert Hutchinson (born November 12, 1957) is an American writer and essayist known for his popular books on Christianity, Biblical Studies and the Vatican. Hutchinson has published articles in Christianity Today and U.S. Catholic. He is a regular contributor to conservative websites including TheBlaze.com, Fox News, CatholicExchange and Mercatornet.com. His book, When in Rome, is one of the books on Italy recommended by the Lonely Planet travel guide.
An avid traveler, Hutchinson has lectured on writing at seminars and conferences in Europe and the United States. He has also appeared on a number of TV shows, including "Fox News" "Spirited Debate" with Lauren Green and the Christian Broadcasting Network. In addition, Hutchinson has been a guest on nationally syndicated radio talk shows and podcasts, including Handel in the Morning, Point of View with Kirby Anderson and The Bottom Line with Roger Marsh.
|1995||The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Gambling||Simon & Schuster||ISBN 0671529323|
|1996||The Book of Vices: A Collection of Classic Immoral Tales||Putnam||ISBN 157322006X|
|1998||When in Rome: A Journal of Life in Vatican City||Doubleday||ISBN 0385486472|
|2004||Czech translation of When In Rome: Tajnosti Vatikánu – Průvodce zákulisím||Faun||ISBN 8086275183|
|2007||The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Bible||Regnery||ISBN 1596985208|
|2015||Searching for Jesus: New Discoveries in the Quest for Jesus of Nazareth||Thomas Nelson||ISBN 0718018303|
|2017||The Dawn of Christianity: How God Used Simple Fishermen, Soldiers, and Prostitutes to Transform the World||Thomas Nelson||ISBN 0718079426|
- Review of When in Rome, Kirkus Reviews
- Review of When in Rome,New York Times (subscription required)
- The Jesus Seminar Unmasked, Robert J. Hutchinson
- Fast worker: a young Harvard grad believes fasting for a day can change the world Robert J. Hutchinson
- Simonis, Damien. Italy (Country Guide). Lonely Planet. p. 24. ISBN 1-74179-229-0.
- ""Debate over Jesus being a 'revolutionary prophet'"Spirited Debate". Fox News. December 18, 2015. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- "Point of View Livecast". Point of View Radio Talk Show. October 27, 2015. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- "The Bottom Line Podcast". The Bottom Line. November 16, 2015. Archived from the original on April 8, 2016. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- Robert Hutchinson's website
- Robert J. Hutchinson, author profile at Random House
- review of When in Rome: A Journal of Life in Vatican City, Michael Farrell, National Catholic Reporter, August 14, 1998
- The Politically Incorrect Guide To The Bible, guest appearance on the Smith & Riley Show
- Author Biography at Goodreads
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|