Robert IV, Count of Dreux
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Robert IV, Count of Dreux|
Seal of Robert IV of Dreux
|Spouse(s)||Beatrice de Montfort|
|Noble family||House of Dreux|
|Father||John I of Dreux|
|Mother||Marie of Bourbon|
In 1260 he married Beatrice de Montfort, Countess of Montfort-l'Amaury daughter of Jean I de Montfort and Jeanne, Dame de Chateaudun, and granddaughter of Amaury de Montfort. Their son John succeeded his father while their eldest daughter Yolande (1263–1322) married Alexander III, King of Scots, and later Arthur II, Duke of Brittany.
List of children
- Marie de Dreux (1261–1276), married in 1275 Mathieu IV de Montmorency
- Yolande of Dreux, Countess de Montfort (1263–1323), married firstly on 15 October 1285 King Alexander III of Scotland, and secondly in 1292 Arthur II, Duke of Brittany. Had seven children by her second husband
- John II of Dreux (1265–1309), married firstly Jeanne de Beaujeu, Dame de Montpensier (died 1308), by whom he had four sons and one daughter, in 1308 he married secondly Perrenelle de Sully, by whom he had one daughter Jeanne II, Countess of Dreux (1309 – c. 1355)
- Jeanne, Countess de Braine, married firstly Count Jean IV de Roucy, and secondly John of Bar
- Beatrice de Dreux (1270–1328), Abbess of Pont-Royal
- Robert de Dreux, seigneur de Cateau-du-Loire
- Michelle Bubenicek, Quand les femmes gouvernent: droit et politique au XIVe siècle:Yolande de Flandre, Droit et politique au XIV siecle, (Ecole des Chartes, 2002), 54-55.
- Yolande de Dreux, Historical Dictionary of the British Monarchy, Ed. Kenneth J. Panton, (Scarecrow Press Inc, 2011), 529.
Robert IV, Count of DreuxBorn: 1241 Died: 1282
|Count of Dreux
|This biography of a French peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|