Robert Irving (industrialist)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Robert K. Irving is a Canadian industrialist based in Moncton, New Brunswick. A grandson of Kenneth Colin Irving and son of James Irving and Jean E. S. Irving, Robert is responsible for several businesses within the "Irving Group of Companies" with operations extending across North America.
- He is co-CEO of J.D. Irving Limited
- He is president of Irving Tissue (operated in coordination with its supplier, J.D. Irving Limited)
- Majesta, Royale brands
- Irving Personal Care
- He is president of Cavendish Farms, which has french fry and frozen food plants in North Dakota, Lethbridge, AB, Wheatley, ON and Prince Edward Island
- Midland Transport
- Midland Courier
- He is president of the Moncton Wildcats, a QMJHL franchise
Other businesses Robert Irving is responsible for include:
- Cavendish Produce
- Fresh produce for the retail and restaurant sector
- Cavendish Agri
- Supplier of agricultural fertilizers, chemicals and agricultural solutions
- Supplier of contract services, labor and professional expertise
Robert Irving is also a major benefactor and fundraiser for causes such as The Moncton Hospital, the Atlantic Cancer Research Institute and the University of Moncton. Both Robert and his brother, James D. Irving, are co-CEO of J.D. Irving Ltd. based out of Saint John New Brunswick and their sister, Mary Jean Irving, is the owner of Master Packaging and Indian River Farms, which are closely tied to his companies. He resides in Moncton, New Brunswick with his wife Jill Irving and their four children Megan, Meredith, Olivia & R.J. (Robert James).
- "Secretive family dynasty mourns loss of leading member". Campden FB. London: Campden Publishing Ltd. 22 July 2010. ISSN 2040-8900. OCLC 368200153. Retrieved January 1, 2011.
- Cummins, Julianna (December 29, 2010). "Project expansion nearing completion". New Brunswick Business Journal. Fredericton, N.B: Whiddy Pub. Co. ISSN 0829-5239. OCLC 290947609. Retrieved January 1, 2011.
- "Cavendish Farms unveils new Bio-Gas Facility" (PDF) (Press release). Cavendish Farms. July 7, 2009. Retrieved January 1, 2011.
- "Wildcats reflect and look forward". Retrieved January 1, 2011.
- "Irving Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit - Grand Opening 1996". Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada: The Moncton Hospital. February 14, 2007. Retrieved January 1, 2011. Has pictures of Robert Irving.
- Mazerolle, Brent (March 23, 2010). "'Dream' comes true:The Moncton Hospital celebrates grand opening of state-of-the-art facility". Times & Transcript. Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada: Brunswick News Inc. OCLC 664154839. Retrieved January 1, 2011.