Robert King (footballer)
|Full name||Robert Stuart King|
|Date of birth||4 April 1862|
|Place of birth||Leigh-on-Sea, England|
|Date of death||4 March 1950(aged 87)|
|*Club domestic league appearances and goals|
On his father's side, many of his relatives were prominent clergymen, including his uncle, Rt. Rev. Edward King, Bishop of Lincoln, his grandfather, Ven. Walker King, Archdeacon of Rochester, and his great-grandfather, Rt. Rev. Walker King, Bishop of Rochester.
Education and clerical career
During World War Two he served in the Home Guard as a sergeant, but as a clergyman, he was not allowed to bear arms.
- "England Players - Robert King". www.englandfootballonline.com.
- Foster, Joseph (1888–1892). . Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715–1886. Oxford: Parker and Co – via Wikisource.
- Felsted School archives - retrieved online on 17 October 2010
- Saint Clement's Church history - retrieved online on 17 October 2010
- "englandstats.com | 566 Charles Gee (1931 - 1936)". www.englandstats.com.