Robert King (footballer)
|Full name||Robert Stuart King|
|Date of birth||4 April 1862|
|Place of birth||Leigh-on-Sea, England|
|Date of death||4 March 1950(aged 87)|
|Playing position||Half back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Education and clerical career
Whilst at Oxford, King played in the Football XI from 1882 to 1885. He earned one cap for the English national team on 18 February 1882, playing as a half back in a match against Ireland. This was the Irish team's international debut and they lost 13-0 to the English side (see Ireland national football team (1882–1950) for more details).
- Alumni Oxonienses, 1715-1886, p. 796
- Alumni Oxonienses, 1715-1886, p. 794
- England Football Online profile - retrieved online on 20 October 2010
- Felsted School archives - retrieved online on 17 October 2010
- Saint Clement's Church history - retrieved online on 17 October 2010
- Englandstats.com profile - retrieved online on 17 October 2010