Robert King (writer)
Robert King is an American film and television writer and producer. He is married to Michelle King, who is also his writing partner.
King began his career writing the television movie, Imaginary Friends, in 1982, which starred veteran actors Peter Ustinov and Lilli Palmer, was directed by Michael Darlow. King later wrote the science fiction horror film The Nest (1988), and co-wrote Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge, Under the Boardwalk and Bloodfist (all 1989).
King continued to write feature films throughout the 1990s, including Full Contact, Dragon Fire, Clean Slate, Speechless, Cutthroat Island and Red Corner. He directed the comedy film Principal Takes a Holiday in 1998. He co-wrote and directed Angels in the Infield (2000). He co-wrote and produced Vertical Limit. Robert and Michelle King co-created and co-produced the short-lived drama series In Justice in 2006.
They co-created a second, far more successful, legal drama series, The Good Wife. Aside from the pilot episode, they co-wrote the episodes "Stripped", "Unorthodox", "Hi", and twelve other episodes. King and the writing staff were nominated for a Writers Guild of America Award for Best New Series for The Good Wife.
Awards and nominations
- Profile, imdb.com; accessed May 4, 2014.
- Charles McDougall (director), Michelle and Robert King (writers) (September 22, 2009). "Pilot". The Good Wife. Season 1. Episode 1. CBS.
- Charles McDougall (director), Michelle and Robert King (writers) (September 29, 2009). "Stripped". The Good Wife. Season 1. Episode 2. CBS.
- John Polson (director), Michelle and Robert King (writers) (2009-11-10). "Unorthodox". The Good Wife. Season 1. Episode 7. CBS.
- John Gallagher (director), Michelle and Robert King, and Barry Schkolnick (writers) (February 9, 2010). "Hi". The Good Wife. Season 1. Episode 14. CBS.
- Gregg Mitchell, Sherry Goldman (2010). "2010 Writers Guild Awards Television, Radio, News, Promotional Writing, and Graphic Animation Nominees Announced" (Press Release). Writers Guild of America. Retrieved 2010-04-07.