|Deputy Minister of National Defence|
22 August 2012 – 2015
5 September 1967 |
|Alma mater||University of Warsaw|
|Awards|| Order of Polonia Restituta
Gold and Silver Medal of Merit for National Defence
Order for Merits to Lithuania
Order of the Cross of Terra Mariana
Kupiecki received a master's degree from the Department of History at the University of Warsaw, and a PhD in political science. He also graduated from Poland's National School of Public Administration (Polish: Krajowa Szkoła Administracji Publicznej) and the Geneva Centre for Security Policy.
Kupiecki began working for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 1994. He was head of NATO and WEU Section from 1994 to 1998, and the deputy ambassador of Poland to NATO from 1999 to 2004. From 2004 to 2008, he served as the director of the security policy department. From 2008 to 2012, he served as Poland's ambassador to the United States. Kupiecki was nominated for this post on 15 November 2007, and presented his letter of credence on 22 April 2008. On 22 August 2012, he was appointed Deputy Minister of National Defence, replacing Zbigniew Włosowicz.
Kupiecki has received the Officer’s Cross of Ment of the Republic of Lithuania, the Gold and Silver Medal “For the Services for the Country’s Defense”, and the Silver Medal of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovakia. He is also the author and co-author of several books.
- "Robert Kupiecki - new Deputy Minister of Defence". Ministry of National Defence. 22 August 2012. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Ambassador Robert Kupiecki". MAZ. Retrieved 9 October 2008.
- "Fifteenth Annual Federal Interagency Holocaust Memorial Remembrance Program" (PDF). Holocaust Remembrance. Retrieved 9 October 2008.
- "Ambassador-Designate Robert Kupiecki". Washington Diplomat. Retrieved 9 October 2008.
- "Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments". CIA. Retrieved 9 October 2008.
- "USA and Europe – Common Security, Different Solutions?" (PDF). CSM. Retrieved 9 October 2008.