|No. 29, 22|
|Date of birth:||September 8, 1963|
|Place of birth:||Cartersville, Georgia|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||Cartersville (GA)|
|NFL Draft:||1985 / Round: 4 / Pick: 103|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Robert Lee Lavette (born September 8, 1963, Cartersville, Georgia, United States) was an American football running back in the National Football League for the Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles. He played collegiately for the Georgia Tech football team.
As a sophomore, he led the ACC in rushing (1,208 yards), touchdowns (19), all-purpose yards (1,570 yards) and scoring average (10.4) points. His touchdown total was a school record and he was second in the nation in scoring.
Lavette to this day is considered by many to be one of the top running backs in school history. He still maintains many career yardage records and is a member of the Georgia Tech Athletics Hall of Fame and was named an ACC Legend.
- 1981: 188 carries for 866 yards and 7 TD. 45 catches for 307 yards.
- 1982: 280 carries for 1208 yards and 19 TD. 25 catches for 286 yards.
- 1983: 186 carries for 803 yards and 5 TD. 21 catches for 123 yards and 1 TD.
- 1984: 260 carries for 1189 yards and 14 TD. 23 catches for 146 yards.
1981 Alabama game
Lavette's 4th Quarter touchdown (his second of the game) capped of an 80-yard drive by the Yellow Jackets against the Crimson Tide of Alabama in 1981. The Jackets would go on to lose the remainder of their games and finish 1-10 on the year. It was Georgia Tech's first football win over the Tide since 1962.
- Georgia Tech career rushing yards- 4,066 (1981–1984).
- Georgia Tech career all-purpose- 5,393 
- Georgia Tech (non-kicker) scoring leader- 46 TD's, 276 total points 
- Georgia Tech Athletics Hall of Fame (1990)
He served as the team's primary kick returner in 1985 and 1986. As a rookie, he had 34 kick returns for 682 yards and followed that up with 36 kick returns for 699 yards in 1986. During his time with the Cowboys he had some great training camp performances, but he never developed as a consistent running back, playing just 4 games in 1987, before being waived on November 3.
He was claimed off waivers by the Philadelphia Eagles on November 5, 1987. After being declared inactive in two games, he played just one game against the St. Louis Cardinals, returning 2 kickoffs for 37 yards. He was released on December 11.
- "The USA Today College Football Encyclopedia - Bob Boyles, Paul Guido - Google Books". Books.google.com. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Georgia Tech Football History Database". Nationalchamps.net. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Georgia Tech Football Individual Career Leaders". Ramblinwreck.cstv.com. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site - RamblinWreck.com". Ramblinwreck.cstv.com. Retrieved 2013-10-17.