Robert Lawson Chuat Vincent Entering
Robert Lawson Chuat
|Chairman of Bintulu Port Authority (BPA)|
|Assumed office |
28 April 2020
|Minister||Wee Ka Siong|
|General Manager||Zulkurnain Ayub|
|Preceded by||John Brian Anthony|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB–BN)|
|Member of the Sarawak State Legislative Assembly|
for Bukit Saban
20 May 2006 – 7 May 2016
|Preceded by||Constituency established|
|Succeeded by||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB–BN)|
Robert Lawson Chuat anak Vincent Entering
14 June 1958
Ulu Paku, Spaoh, Betong, Crown Colony of Sarawak (now Sarawak, Malaysia)
|Political party||United Bumiputera Heritage Party (PBB) (2006–present)|
|Barisan Nasional (BN) (2006–2018)|
Sarawak Parties Alliance (GPS) (2018–present)
Perikatan Nasional (PN) (2020-present)
|Spouse(s)||Claudia Regina Janting|
|Alma mater||Brighton Polytechnic|
Datuk Robert Lawson Chuat anak Vincent Entering (born 14 June 1958) is a Malaysian politician from the United Bumiputera Heritage Party (PBB) currently serving as Member of Parliament (MP) of Malaysia for Betong constituency.
Robert was first elected as a Member of the Sarawak State Legislative Assembly (MLA) in 2006 after contesting for and winning in the 9th Sarawak state elections for Bukit Saban constituency. In 2011, he successfully defended the same seat in the following 10th Sarawak state elections with an increased majority. Following his win, he was appointed as Sarawak's Assistant Minister of Welfare, Women and Family Development.
After serving two terms as MLA for Bukit Saban, he yielded his seat to allow Deputy Chief Minister I of Sarawak, Douglas Uggah Embas to contest instead. Consequently, Robert was fielded as PBB's candidate to contest for Douglas' parliamentary seat of Betong in the 14th Malaysian general election.
Robert is a director of 'Durafarm' and among the major shareholders of a 'KACC Construction Sdn. Bhd.', alongside Bustari Yusof, the brother of former Minister of Works of Malaysia, Fadillah Yusof, a company which has been repeatedly being accused of allegedly siphoning public funds and receiving an unusually large amount of multimillion government projects.
|2018||Betong||Robert Lawson Chuat Vincent Entering (PBB)||12,517||60.41%||Abang Ahmad Abang Suni (IND)||4,401||21.24%||21,165||8,116||72.62%|
|Noel Changgai Bucking (PKR)||3,802||18.35%|
|2006||Bukit Saban||Robert Lawson Chuat Vincent Entering (PBB)||3,258||69.65%||Edwin Dundang Bugak (SNAP)||1,420||30.35%||4,761||1,838||69.24%|
|2011||Robert Lawson Chuat Vincent Entering (PBB)||3,899||68.83%||Jerah Engkiong @ Edward Jerah (PKR)||1,125||19.86%||5,761||2,774||75.24%|
|Dayrell Walter Entrie (SNAP)||641||11.32%|
- Malaysia :
- Sarawak :
- "Chuat ready for big challenge ahead". Valentine Tawie Salok. 3 May 2018. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- "Sarawak's Construction YBs Notch Up Another Mega-Corruption Project!". Sarawak Report. 12 June 2012. Retrieved 5 December 2018.
- "Deputy CM's Company Nets HALF A BILLION in Contracts – Major Expose!". MT Webmaster. 5 March 2012. Retrieved 5 December 2018.
- "More For Jabu, Fadillah Yusof and Abit Joo !". Sarawak Report. 15 March 2012. Retrieved 5 December 2018.
- "The PWD minister's brother's Pan-Borneo Highway connection EXPOSE". Sarawak Report. Movement For Change, Sarawak. 1 May 2015. Retrieved 5 December 2018.
- "Jabu challenged over RM355 million contracts". Hornbill Unleashed. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 5 December 2018.
- "SEMAKAN PENERIMA DARJAH KEBESARAN, BINTANG DAN PINGAT". Prime Minister's Department. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Presiden SABATI ketuai senarai penerima darjah, pingat kebesaran Negeri Sarawak" (in Malay). Bernama. 12 October 2018. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|