After three failed attempts to enter the Academy of Fine Arts and Design, he registered at the University of Pforzheim, and while there he took an exam to work with Volkswagen. He succeeded and stayed at Volkswagen for nine years as exterior design team leader. In April 2007 he moved to Kia Motors and left it in September 2009 for Mercedes-Benz, where he is heading the Exterior Design department, since 2014.
He won the "Designer of the year, 2006" award, a Slovenian award for industrial design.
- Volkswagen Passat, MK6
- Volkswagen Concept C, concept car for Eos
- Volkswagen Eos design team headed by Peter Schreyer, Head of Volkswagen Design.
- Volkswagen Iroc, concept car for Scirocco
- Volkswagen Scirocco
- Mercedes Benz W205
- Mercedes-Benz W212 (Facelift)
- Mercedes-Benz W222
- Mercedes-Benz GLA
- Mercedes-AMG GT
- "Robert Lesnik, Volkswagen". Automotive News Europe. 29 May 2006. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- "Geneva Auto Show 2004: Volkswagen Concept C". VWVortex, Mar 2, 2004, Jamie Vondruska.
- AVTOMOBILIZEM.com :: Poglej temo - 2008 Kia Sportage facelift
- "Podpis Roberta Lešnika pod uradnima skicama novega mercedesa GLA". Gregor Pavšič, www.siol.net. 2013-08-13.
- "Mercedes AMG GT preview by the men who made it". Car. 12 September 2014. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
|This Slovenian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|