Robert M. Bowman Jr.
Bowman received the M.A. in Biblical Studies and Theology from Fuller Theological Seminary in 1981, did doctoral studies in Christian Apologetics at Westminster Theological Seminary, and earned his Ph.D in Biblical Studies at the South African Theological Seminary. From 2006 to 2008 he was the manager of Apologetics and Interfaith Evangelism for the North American Mission Board (based in Alpharetta, Georgia), an agency of the Southern Baptist Convention. Since 2008 he has been the executive director of the Institute for Religious Research, an independent, evangelical nonprofit organization (formerly located in Grand Rapids, now based in Cedar Springs, Michigan). He is married to wife Cathy with four children.
Bowman is the author of nearly sixty articles and of a dozen books. Five of those books he co-authored with Kenneth D. Boa, an Oxford-trained scholar; two of these books (An Unchanging Faith in a Changing World and Faith Has Its Reasons) won the Gold Medallion Book Award. Four of his earliest books were theological critiques of the teachings of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
- Putting Jesus in His Place: The Case for the Deity of Christ (2007, with J. Ed Komoszewski; ISBN 978-0825429835)
- Sense and Nonsense about Heaven and Hell (2007, with Kenneth D. Boa; ISBN 978-0310254287)
- Sense and Nonsense about Angels and Demons (2007, with Kenneth D. Boa; ISBN 978-0310254294)
- Faith Has Its Reasons: Integrative Approaches to Defending Christian Faith (2001, 2006, with Kenneth D. Boa; ISBN 978-1932805345)
- 20 Compelling Evidences That God Exists (2002, with Kenneth D. Boa; ISBN 978-1589193062)
- The Word-Faith Controversy: Understanding the Health and Wealth Gospel (2000; ISBN 978-0801063442)
- An Unchanging Faith in a Changing World (1998, with Kenneth D. Boa; ISBN 978-0785273523)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses (1995; ISBN 978-0310704119)
- Orthodoxy and Heresy: A Biblical Guide to Doctrinal Discernment (1992; ISBN 978-0801010248)
- Understanding Jehovah’s Witnesses: Why They Read the Bible the Way They Do (1991; ISBN 978-0801009952)
- Why You Should Believe in the Trinity: An Answer to Jehovah’s Witnesses (1989; ISBN 978-0801009815)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses, Jesus Christ, and the Gospel of John (1989; ISBN 978-0801009556)
- About Rob Bowman at the Wayback Machine (archived October 23, 2008), Center for Biblical Apologetics.
- "Institute for Religious Research - Who we are". Institute for Religious Research. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Group/Interfaith Evangelism Team at NAMB". www.namb.net. North American Mission Board. Archived from the original on July 3, 2008.
- "Institute for Religious Research - Who we are". Institute for Religious Research. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- Curtis, Carolyn (December 1998). "Unchanging Faith in a Changing World". onmission.com. North American Mission Board. Archived from the original on May 30, 2010.