Robert M. Durling
Robert M. Durling was an American scholar and translator, known for his translations of Petrarch's Rime Sparse and (with Ronald Martinez) of Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy. He was professor emeritus of Italian and English literature at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He died on May 21, 2015.
- The Figure of the Poet in Renaissance Epic. Cambridge: Harvard UP, 1966.
- Time and the Crystal: Studies in Dante's Rime Petrose (with Ronald L. Martinez). Berkeley and Los Angeles: U of California P, 1990.
- Benfell, V. Stanley (November 2012). "Rev. of Durling and Martinez, The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri: Paradiso". The Medieval Review.
- "Medieval Matters: Dante Now". Stanford University. 20 January 2012. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- Telander, Alex C. "An Interview with Robert M. Durling". BookBanter. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- Buxton, John (1967). "Rev. of Durling, The Figure of the Poet". The Review of English Studies. n.s. 18 (72): 455–56. JSTOR 512074.
- Barolini, Teodolinda (1994). "Rev. of Durling and Martinez, Time and the Crystal". Comparative Literature. 46 (1): 104ff. doi:10.2307/1771621.
- Robert M. Durling at U of California, Santa Cruz
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography about a translator from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|