Malone (#3) during pre-game warm-ups with the New York Jets in 2012
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||February 4, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Orange, California|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||243 lb (110 kg)|
|High school:||Riverside (CA) King|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
Robert James Malone (born February 4, 1988) is an American football punter who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He played college football at Fresno State.
Malone played college football at Fresno State. There he was a first-team All-WAC selection after punting 44 times for a 45.2-yard average, with 17 of his kicks downed inside the opponent's 20-yard line. He also kicked 15 punts for 50 or more yards, including a career long of 74. In his collegiate career, Malone played in 41 games and punted 120 times for 5,117 yards with a 42.6-yard average and 44 punts inside the 20.
Malone originally entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Jacksonville Jaguars in the spring of 2010. However, he was released before training camp by the Jaguars, who stuck with their incumbent punter Adam Podlesh.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
San Diego Chargers
He signed with the Chargers on May 30, 2012.
New York Jets
New York Giants
Malone signed a contract with the New York Giants in 2015. On September 1, 2015, he was waived by the Giants.
Robert Malone grew up in Riverside, CA and went to Martin Luther King High School. He punted for the high school football team. His cousin, Tom Malone, was an NFL punter and played college football at USC.
- Rookie Malone Claims Bucs’ Punting Job
- Orr, Conor (4 September 2012). "Jets release punter T.J. Conley, add former Chargers P Robert Malone, re-sign DT Marcus Dixon". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 4 September 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- Wilson, Aaron (16 September 2013). "Jets cut Robert Malone, sign Ryan Quigley". National Football Post. Archived from the original on 16 September 2013. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- Keim, John (December 31, 2013). "Redskins sign seven players". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- Keim, John (August 29, 2014). "Redskins updated cuts: Crawford out". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-08-29.
- Eisen, Michael (September 1, 2015). "New York Giants announce first round of roster cuts". Giants.com. Retrieved September 1, 2015.