Robert Mazlo was born in Beirut, Lebanon, in 1949 in a family of goldsmiths and jewellers. After having received a first initiation within the family workshop, he left Lebanon in 1968 to study classical European jewellery in Italy at the Istituto d’Arte Benvenuto Cellini, Valenza.
In 1970 he was awarded the Gold Medal of the City of Florence for the design of a piece of jewellery.
After graduating he returned to Lebanon in 1973 to found the « Mazlo Workshop » in Beirut. He worked there until the start of the Lebanese civil war in 1975, when he moved permanently to Paris.
Robert Mazlo's work appears in private and public collections worldwide including the Historisches Uhren-Museum in Wuppertal and the Deutsches Edelstein Museum of Idar-Oberstein, Germany.
Mazlo wrote a book on the tarot fortune-telling cards, "The Tablets of Hermes". He said in an interview that mediaeval painters had to study jewellery before moving to painting; alchemy, considered a science at the time and interpreted in the tarot, required knowledge of stones and jewels. Mazlo said that tarot and the golden ratio helped him a lot in designing his jewels.
- "L'émail est la source de toute inspiration". L'Orient-Le Jour (in French). September 1969.
- "Mazlo. Perle rare.". Ateliers d’Art (in French). November–December 2004.
- "From Beirut to Paris. MAZLO jewellery on show in the French Capital". Europa Star. March–April 1979.
- "Artisans aux mains d'argent". Le Journal du Dimanche (in French). May 2004.
- Thinking Jewellery. On The Way Towards a Theory of Jewellery. Arnoldsche Art Publishers. 2011. ISBN 3897903261.
- "Robert Mazlo. Let them learn to love Earth." (PDF). Adam&Eve. April 2010.
- Beth Bernstein (2015). If These Jewels Could Talk: The Legends Behind Celebrity Gems. Antique Collectors Club Dist. ISBN 1851498079.
- Elio Carmi (2014). Brand 111. Centoundici domande e risposte per sapere di più sulla Brand e sul suo futuro. Fausto Lupetti Editore. ISBN 9788897686323.
- Charles Imbert (2007). Les sources du tarot. Guy Trédaniel éditeur. ISBN 9782844545190.
- Robert Mazlo (1998). A la recherche du Tarot perdu. Les tablettes d'Hermès. Ramuel. ISBN 2910401863.
- Claude Mazloum (1999). Jewelry Design in the 21st Century. Gremese International. ISBN 8873013104.
- Jocelyne Ruther (1971). Les Bijoux. Fayard.
- Balmaceda Katrina A., "Robert Mazlo, The memory relay", Solitaire Magazine.com, April 2015. Retrieved on 18 July 2015.
- Bustillo Deena, "Halle Berry debuts giant emerald engagement ring", Zimbio.com, March 2012. Retrieved on 31 March 2012.
- Hadley Henriette, "Oliver Martinez clears up ring debate", Miami.com, March 2012. Retrieved on 21 March 2012.
- Simon Balsom,"The alchemist: Robert Mazlo", Men’s passion, October 2011. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- Mazlo's web site
|This Lebanese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|