Robert Milman (1816–1876) was an Anglican bishop in the second half of the 19th-century.
He was educated at Exeter College, Oxford (B.A. 1838, D.D. 1867). He was ordained in the Anglican ministry as a deacon in 1839 and a priest in 1840. He served as the vicar of Lambourn, Berkshire, 1851–62, and then vicar of Great Marlow, Berkshire, 1862–67. He was consecrated as the Bishop of Calcutta in 1867. He was the author of a number of publications:
- Life of Tasso, 2 volumes, 1848.
- The Way through the Desert, 1850.
- Mediations of Confirmation (a Tract), 3 editions.
- Love of the Atonement, 2 editions.
He died at Rawalpindi in 1876.
- ^ The Times, Saturday, Apr 03, 1880; pg. 9; Issue 29846; col G The Late Bishop Milman
- ^ Anglican History
- ^ a b c d e Crockford's Clerical Directory (4th ed.). London: Horace Cox, 10, Wellington-street, Strand, W.C. 1868. p. 785. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- ^ The Times, Tuesday, Mar 21, 1876; pg. 10; Issue 28582; col A Court Circular