|Alma mater||University of Wales, Aberystwyth,
|Notable awards||Forward Prize|
Robert Minhinnick (born 1952) is a Welsh poet, essayist, novelist and translator.
Minhinnick was born in Neath, and now lives in Porthcawl. He studied at University of Wales, Aberystwyth, and University of Wales, Cardiff. An environmental campaigner, he co-founded the charities Friends of the Earth (Cymru) and Sustainable Wales. His work deals with both Welsh and international themes.
He has published seven poetry collections and several volumes of essays. He edited the magazine, Poetry Wales from 1997 until 2008. He has also translated poems from contemporary Welsh poets for an anthology, The Adulterer's Tongue. His first novel, Sea Holly, was published in autumn 2007.
Minhinnick won the Forward Prize for Best Individual Poem in 1999 for 'Twenty-five Laments for Iraq', and again in 2003 for 'The Fox in the National Museum of Wales'. His poem ‘The Castaway’ was also shortlisted in 2004. He has also won an Eric Gregory Award (1980) and a Cholmondeley Award (1998), both awarded by the Society of Authors to British poets.
In 2006, Minhinnick's book To Babel and Back, describing a journey in the Middle East, won the English-language Wales Book of the Year Award, which he had previously won in 1993 for Watching the Fire Eater.
- The Yellow Palm (1998)
- A Thread in the Maze (1978) C. Davies
- Native Ground Triskele, 1979, ISBN 9780904652048
- Life Sentences Poetry Wales Press, 1983, ISBN 9780907476177
- The Dinosaur Park Poetry Wales, 1985, ISBN 9780907476481
- The Looters Seren, 1989, ISBN 9781854110190
- Hey Fatman Seren, 1994, ISBN 9781854111104
- Selected Poems Carcanet, 1999, ISBN 9781857543834
- After the Hurricane Carcanet, 2002
- King Driftwood Carcanet Press, 2008, ISBN 9781857549652
- After the Stealth Bomber
- New Selected Poems, Carcanet, 2012, ISBN 9781847771339
- Sea Holly Seren, 2007, ISBN 9781854114358
- The Keys of Babylon (2011) Seren Press
- Limestone Man Seren Books, 2015, ISBN 9781781722497
- Watching the Fire Eater Seren Books, 1992, ISBN 9781854110756
- The Green Agenda: Essays on The Environment of Wales (ed.) (1994) Seren Press
- Badlands (Seren, 1996, ISBN 9781854111579
- To Babel and Back Seren, 2005, ISBN 9781854114013
- The Adulterer's Tongue: Six Welsh Poets: A Facing-Text Anthology (ed., transl.) (2003)
- "Robert Minhinnick". British Council Literature. British Council.
- Seren: Sea Holly, Robert Minhinnick (accessed 18 August 2007)
- Forward Poetry Prize winners (accessed 18 August 2007)
- Society of Authors: Eric Gregory Trust Fund Awards (winners) (accessed 18 August 2007)
- Society of Authors: Cholmondeley Awards for Poets (past winners) (accessed 18 August 2007)