|Born||13 August 1966|
Banská Bystrica, Czechoslovakia
|Political party||Freedom and Solidarity (2010-2012) |
|Alma mater||Slovak Technical University|
University of Vienna
Robert Mistrík was born on 13 August 1966 in Banská Bystrica, where he spent his childhood. He attended the Gymnázium Jozefa Gregora Tajovského in Banská Bystrica and in 1991 graduated with a degree in Analytical Chemistry from the Faculty of Chemical Technology of the Slovak Technical University in Bratislava. He completed a PhD at the University of Vienna in 1994. He continued his scientific career as a visiting scholar at the National Institute of Standards and Technology in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
In 1998 Mistrík founded the mass spectrometry, metabolomics and chemical analysis firm HighChem, which he still runs today. He served as a member of the scientific committee at the METACancer consortium, aimed at investigating biomarkers for breast cancer. He serves on the board of directors of the Metabolomics Society.
Robert Mistrík was one of the co-founders of the centre-right Freedom and Solidarity party, of which he was a member until 2012. On 15 May 2018 he announced his candidacy for the 2019 Slovak presidential election, but later withdrew it.
- "Mistrík, Robert". University of Vienna. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "HighChem chce zmapovat chemiu človeka". HighChem. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "info". METACancer. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "12TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF THE METABOLOMICS SOCIETY" (PDF). Metabolomics Society. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "Register of Political Parties". Ministry of the Interior of the Slovak Republic. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "Researcher Robert Mistrík will run for president". The Slovak Spectator. 16 May 2018. Retrieved 6 February 2019.