Robert Newton (athlete)
Robert Alan Newton (born 10 May 1981 in Nottingham, England) is a British hurdling athlete. As of 2004, he was Britain's number one sprint hurdler. However, competing for Team GB at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Newton failed to qualify for the second round of the 110 m hurdles competition. He was the only openly gay British Olympian that year.
- 1997: Amateur Athletics Association U17 400m hurdles gold medal winner
- 1999: English Schools' 110m hurdles gold medal winner
- 1999: AAA U20 110m hurdles gold medal winner
- 2000: AAA U20 110m hurdles silver medalist
- 2001: AAA U23 110m hurdles gold medal winner
- 2003: Inter-Countries 110m hurdles gold medal winner
- 110 m hurdles Personal Best: 13.36 in 2004
- In the UK All-time Top Ten with a 60m hurdles personal best of 7.69, in the 2004 Norwich Union Indoor Trials.
- Townley, Ben (24 August 2004). "Athens 2004: UK's only gay athlete talks". Gay.com. Archived from the original on 8 August 2007. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
|This biographical article relating to English athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|