Robert P. Odenweller
Robert P. Odenweller (Born c. 1940) is an American philatelist who is a member of the National Postal Museum's Council of Philatelists and a signatory to the Roll of Distinguished Philatelists. He is a member of The Collectors Club of New York, and an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Philatelic Society London and the Royal Philatelic Society of New Zealand. From 1996 to 2000 he was President of the Grand Prix Club.
Odenweller was awarded the Crawford Medal (2005) of the Royal Philatelic Society London for his book The Stamps and Postal History of Nineteenth Century Samoa and has been awarded the Lichtenstein Medal (1993), the Smithsonian Philatelic Achievement Award, the Collins Award, the APS Luff Award, and the FIP Medal for Service.
In 2011 he was again awarded the Crawford Medal for his work The Postage Stamps of New Zealand 1855-1873: The Chalon Head Issues.
- Opinions VI Philatelic Expertizing - An Inside View. New York: The Philatelic Foundation, 1992.
- The Stamps and Postal History of Nineteenth Century Samoa. London: Royal Philatelic Society, 2004. ISBN 0-9597883-5-2
- The Postage Stamps of New Zealand 1855-1873: The Chalon Head Issues. London: Royal Philatelic Society, 2009. ISBN 0-473-15397-1
- Robert Odenweller. The National Postal Museum, 2011. Retrieved 25 December 2011.
- GRAND PRIX CLUB Communication No 1/2013 Grand Prix Club, December 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014. Archived here.
- History - Awards & Medals. The Royal Philatelic Society of New Zealand, 2011. Retrieved 25 December 2011.
- "New officers and awards at the Royal" in Stamp Lover, Vol. 103, No. 4, August 2011, p. 95.
|This article about an American philatelist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|