Robert Paul Weston
|Robert Paul Weston|
October 21, 1975 |
|Genre||Young adult fiction, short stories|
Robert Paul Weston (born October 21, 1975) is a British-born Canadian children's writer. His debut was the award-winning novel-in-verse, Zorgamazoo. His short fiction has appeared in literary journals in Canada, the UK and the United States.
His second novel, a dark fantasy for young adults entitled Dust City, was published in October 2010. The story is narrated by the son of the wolf who killed Little Red Riding Hood.
Robert Paul Weston was born October 21, 1975 in Dover, England. He graduated from Queen's University in 1998 with a BA in Film and Sociology. From 2002 to 2004, he worked in Japan as a high school teacher. In 2006, he completed an MFA in Creative Writing from the University of British Columbia. Weston currently lives in London, England.
Prizes and honours
- 2011 California Young Reader Medal (for Zorgamazoo)
- 2010 Silver Birch Fiction award (for Zorgamazoo)
- 2009 Shortlisted, E.B. White Read Aloud Award (for Zorgamazoo)
- 2009 Children’s Literature Association Notable Books for 2009 (Zorgamazoo)
- Zorgamazoo (2008) Penguin/Razorbill
- Dust City (2010) Penguin/Razorbill
- The Creature Department (2013) Penguin/Razorbill
- Prince Puggly of Spud and the Kingdom of Spiff (2014) Puffin
- Blues for Zoey (2015) Flux Books
- “Mourning Sickness”, On Spec, No. 62, Winter 2005
- “The Light Switch Method”, Kiss Machine, No. 10, June 2005
- “Thinking of Alice”, Crimewave Magazine, Vol. 9, Fall 2006
- “Stop Plate Tectonics”, On Spec, No. 68, Spring 2007
- “Paris, France (Somnumbulitis)”, The New Orleans Review, Vol. 33, No. 1, Fall 2007
- “Hummingbirds and Pie”, Postscripts, Vol. 12, Autumn 2007
- “Salve”, Postscripts, Vol. 14, Spring 2008
- Email from Weston. September 9, 2010.
- "Winners". California Young Reader Medal. Retrieved 2011-05-08.
- Official website
- Zorgamazoo (official) – with biographical blurb
- Way of the West (blog)
- Interview, Just One More Book
- "2008 - Ones to Watch", The Vancouver Sun
- Online Interview
- Robert Paul Weston at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Robert Paul Weston at Library of Congress Authorities, with 5 catalog records