Robert R. Caldwell
|Robert R. Caldwell|
Washington University in St Louis (A.B.) |
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Ph.D.)
|Fields||Theoretical physics, Cosmology|
|Doctoral advisor||Bruce Allen|
Robert R. Caldwell is an American theoretical physicist and Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Dartmouth College. His research interests include cosmology and gravitation. He is known primarily for his work on theories of cosmic acceleration, in particular dark energy, quintessence, and the Big Rip scenario. 
Caldwell received an A.B. from Washington University in St Louis in physics and French in 1987, and a Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 1992. He was a postdoctoral fellow at Fermilab (1992-4), the University of Cambridge (1994-6), the University of Pennsylvania (1996-8), and Princeton University (1998-2000). He has been on the faculty of Dartmouth College as an assistant professor (2000), associate professor (2005), and full professor (2010). He was elected Fellow of the American Physical Society in 2008.
- "Robert Caldwell - The Mathematics Genealogy Project". genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu.
- "Robert R. Caldwell - Department of Physics and Astronomy". physics.dartmouth.edu.
- Caldwell, Robert R.; Kamionkowski, Marc (2009). "The Physics of Cosmic Acceleration". Annu. Rev. Nucl. Part. Sci. 59 (1): 397–429. arXiv: . Bibcode:2009ARNPS..59..397C. doi:10.1146/annurev-nucl-010709-151330.
- Caldwell, R.R.; Dave, R.; Steinhardt, P.J. (1998). "Cosmological Imprint of an Energy Component with General Equation-of-State". Phys. Rev. Lett. 80 (8): 1582–1585. arXiv: . Bibcode:1998PhRvL..80.1582C. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.80.1582.
- Caldwell, Robert R. (2002). "A phantom menace? Cosmological consequences of a dark energy component with super-negative equation of state". Phys. Lett. B545 (1-2): 23–29. arXiv: . Bibcode:2002PhLB..545...23C. doi:10.1016/S0370-2693(02)02589-3.
- Caldwell, Robert R.; Kamionkowski, Marc; Weinberg, Nevin N. (2003). "Phantom Energy and Cosmic Doomsday". Physical Review Letters. 91 (7): 071301. arXiv: . Bibcode:2003PhRvL..91g1301C. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.91.071301. PMID 12935004.
- "APS Physics - DAP - APS Fellowship". www.aps.org.
- Robert R. Caldwell's publications on Google Scholar
- Robert R. Caldwell at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
|This article about an American physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|