|Member of the European Parliament|
for South East England
|Assumed office |
2 July 2019
|Preceded by||Ray Finch|
|Born||28 February 1966|
Bowdon, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
|Alma mater||Newcastle University|
Robert Andrew Rowland is a British politician who has served as a Brexit Party Member of the European Parliament (MEP) for South East England since 2019. He is a member of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs.
On 10 July 2019, Rowland tweeted "We are behind all our fisherman and the restoration of sovereignty over our waters. 200 miles of exclusion zone with any foreign fishing vessel given the same treatment as the Belgrano! Well done June. We are 110% behind you and will ensure you give ‘em hell on committee." His threat to sink foreign civilian fishing vessels was widely shared and criticised on social media.
Rowland is married to Lisa Marie. They have three sons and one daughter.
- "Key dates ahead". European Parliament. 20 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "Key dates ahead". BBC News. 22 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "Robert ROWLAND". European Parliament. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "The UK's European elections 2019". BBC News. Retrieved 26 May 2019.
- "9th parliamentary term | Robert ROWLAND | MEPs | European Parliament". www.europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "The Directors". Tickets for Troops. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- Rankin, Jennifer (12 July 2019). "Brexit party MEP called for EU fishing vessels to be 'sunk like Belgrano'". The Guardian. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Bowdon Capital Ltd". Financial Conduct Authority. Reference number: 827082. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Robert Rowland Brexit SE Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|