Steve Miller (business)
Robert Steven "Steve" Miller, Jr. is an American businessman. He is chief executive officer of Hawker Beechcraft, non-executive chairman at American International Group and on the board of directors at Symantec.
Life and career
He began his career at Ford Motor Company in 1968 and worked for the company in various positions in the U.S., Mexico, Australia, and Venezuela. He was recruited to the Chrysler Corporation by Lee Iacocca in 1979. While with Chrysler in the 1980s, he was the executive in charge of arranging with hundreds of banks the U.S. Government insured program of loans that enabled Chrysler to avoid bankruptcy and become an industrial powerhouse under the leadership of Iacocca. Miller has also worked for Bethlehem Steel, Morrison-Knudson and Federal-Mogul.
He became Chief Executive Officer of Delphi Corporation in July 2005 and was also Executive Chairman. While at Delphi he presided over a restructuring of the company while it was going through bankruptcy. He left Delphi in October 2009. American International Group named Miller as their chairman in July 2010.
He was married to Margaret "Maggie" Kyger for nearly forty years, who died of brain cancer on August 11, 2006, at the age of 69, at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. Miller later married Jill Jablonski, age 49, on September 15, 2007 in Dearborn, Michigan. Jablonski is a director of the Society of Automotive Engineers - Detroit Section.
- The Turnaround Kid (2008)
- Niles, Russ (7 February 2012). "New CEO At Hawker Beechcraft". AVweb. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Robert S. Miller". Forbes. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Robert S. Miller Jr". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Robert S. Miller". Symantec. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- Lublin, Joann S. (7 October 2009). "As Delphi Emerges From Bankruptcy, Executive Regrets the Bumpy Ride". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- Campbell, Dakin; Hwang, Inyoung (15 July 2010). "AIG's `Turnaround Kid' Miller Gets Challenge at Rescued Insurer". Bloomberg. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Former Delphi CEO Miller Reappears On Wall Street". The Detroit Bureau. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Margaret K. "Maggie" Miller, Oregon: Wife of Delphi chief helped revitalize DSO". The Detroit News. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Wedding bells or Cattle Baron's Ball?". Crain's Detroit Business. Archived from the original on 30 July 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- Sloan, Allan (18 February 2008). "Surprising confessions of a turnaround guy". CNN Money. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
| Non-executive chairman of AIG
| CEO of Hawker Beechcraft