Robert Sackville-West, 7th Baron Sackville
|The Lord Sackville|
Arms of Baron Sackville
|Born||10 July 1958|
|Tenure||since 27 March 2004|
|Spouse(s)||Catherine Bennett (m. 1985–92)
Margot MacAndrew (m. 1994)
|Parents||Hugh Rosslyn Inigo Sackville-West
Bridget Eleanor Cunliffe
Robert Bertrand Sackville-West, 7th Baron Sackville DL (born 10 July 1958) is a British publisher, author and guardian of Knole House in Kent, which has been a Sackville house for 400 years and is now owned by the National Trust.
The eldest son of Hugh Rosslyn Inigo Sackville-West and Bridget Eleanor Cunliffe, he inherited the title of Baron Sackville on 27 March 2004 on the death of his uncle, Lionel Bertrand Sackville-West, 6th Baron Sackville.
Sackville-West was educated at Winchester College and read History at Magdalen College, Oxford. He later gained an MBA at the London Business School before working as a management consultant. In 1984, he founded Toucan Books, of which he is now Chairman, a packaging company which has worked with publishers on both sides of the Atlantic for more than three decades.
He was a Governor of Sevenoaks School from 1995 until 2008, serving as Chairman from 2002. He is currently a Governor of the Knole Academy in Sevenoaks and a member of the International Baccalaureate UK board. He is also the executive Chairman of several Sackville family businesses associated with property, works of art and heritage assets.
Marriages and children
He married first Catherine Dorothea Bennett in 1985 (marriage dissolved 1992), who has written against the Peerage system and what she considers the privileges of the nobility. He secondly married Margot Jane MacAndrew in 1994. With his second wife he has three children:
- Hon. Freya Sackville-West (born 6 August 1998)
- Hon. Arthur Sackville-West (born 25 February 2000)
- Hon. Edie Sackville-West (born 5 May 2003)
He is the author of two highly regarded books on the story of his family.
- Inheritance: The Story of Knole and the Sackvilles (2010)
- The Disinherited: A Story of Family, Love and Betrayal (2014)
- 2010 Spears Book Awards Family History of the Year Inheritance: The Story of Knole and the Sackvilles
- "BBC rottweiler John Humphrys is (almost) smiling over his new relationship with journalist", Daily Mail, 23 September 2009
- Aristocrats make bid for equality? That's a new one, retrieved 26 January 2015
- Illiterate? Criminal record? Welcome to the House of Lords, retrieved 26 January 2015
- Who's Who 2008, A & C Black, 2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007
- Sackville-West, Robert. Inheritance. London : Bloomsbury, 2010. ISBN 978-1-4088-0338-7
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|This biography of a baron in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|