February 4, 1965 |
Leeds, Yorkshire, England
Robert Sellers (born 4 February 1965 in Leeds) is an English writer and author, best known show-business biographies and works on popular culture including Cult TV and The Battle for Bond, an analysis of the Fleming plagiarism trial and its aftermath.
Sellers graduated from drama school and initially pursued a career as a stand-up comedian. He then turned to film journalism, and has written for such publications as Daily Mail, Empire, Total Film, The Independent, SFX and Cinema Retro. Sellers has done celebrity interviews such notable persons as Roger Moore, Christopher Lee, Michael Palin, Richard Dreyfuss and Ray Harryhausen.
Apart from biographies, Sellers had also written books on the entertainment industry. His book Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, the inside story of the British film company HandMade Films, was described by Film Review magazine as "fascinating" and "impossible to put down". The Daily Mail called it "Funny, revealing and impossible to put down."
Sellers has contributed to a number of television documentaries including Channel 4's The 100 Best Family Films.
- Sting: A Biography (1989)
- The Films of Sean Connery (1990)
- Sigourney Weaver: A Biography (1992)
- Harrison Ford: A Biography (1993)
- Tom Cruise: A Biography (1997)
- Sean Connery: A Celebration (1999)
- The Radio Times Guide To Film (contributor) (2000)
- The Radio Times Guide To Science Fiction (contributor) (2002)
- Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (aka Very Naughty Boys) (2003)
- Cult TV: The Golden Age of ITC (2006)
- The Battle for Bond (2006)
- Hellraisers: The Life and Inebriated Times of Burton, Harris, O'Toole and Reed (2008)
- James Robertson Justice – What's the Bleeding Time? (co-author) (2008)
- Hollywood Hellraisers: The Wild Life And Fast Times of Marlon Brando, Dennis Hopper, Warren Beatty and Jack Nicholson (2009)
- Vic Armstrong: Authorized Film Memoirs
- What Fresh Lunacy Is This? – The Authorised Biography of Oliver Reed (2013)
- Peter O'Toole: The Definitive Biography (2015)
- Roger Lewis (2011-05-06). "Men behaving really, really, badly". Daily Mail.
- The Battle for Bond. Google Books.
- Robert Sellers (2008-05-14). "Last Man Standing: How Peter O'Toole outlived cinema's biggest hellraisers". Daily Mail.