|Born||Robert Bruce Simonds, Jr.
|Other names||Bob Simonds|
|Alma mater||Yale University|
|Known for||Cheaper by the Dozen, Big Daddy, The Wedding Singer|
|Spouse(s)||Anne Oughton Biondi (m. 1999–)|
Robert Bruce Simonds, Jr. (born 1964) is an American film producer and the Chairman and CEO of movie studio STX Entertainment. His over thirty Hollywood studio movies have generated well in excess of $6 billion in worldwide revenue, including Cheaper by the Dozen and The Pink Panther with Steve Martin, Big Daddy and The Waterboy with Adam Sandler, and This Means War with Academy Award-winning actress Reese Witherspoon and Tom Hardy. Simonds has also produced a number of highly-profitable cult films, including The Wedding Singer, Joe Dirt, Half Baked, and Happy Gilmore. To this extent, throughout his hands-on producing career Simonds had the single best studio track record for profitability on his films.
Simonds was born in Phoenix, Arizona, the son of Robert Bruce Simonds, Sr., a businessman. He and his wife Anne live in Los Angeles with their son and four daughters.
In March 2014 Simonds announced the formation of STX Entertainment. Investors in STX include TPG Growth, the growth equity arm of TPG Capital; Hony Capital, a leading Chinese private equity firm; and the business interests of Hollywood producer and entrepreneur Gigi Pritzker, Beau Wrigley and others. Debt is provided by a consortium of banks including JP Morgan, Bank of America and Seer Capital.
- Robert Simonds, Chief Executive Officer
- Tom McGrath, Chief Operating Officer
- Noah Fogelson, General Counsel
- Sophie Watts, President 
- Rich Sullivan, Chief Financial Officer
- Adam Fogelson, Chairman, Motion Picture Group
- Oren Aviv, President, Motion Picture Group
- Kevin Grayson, President, Distribution 
- Jack Pan, President of Motion Picture Marketing
The Board of Directors is composed of investors and industry veterans including:
STX's initial films include The Secret In Their Eyes, which stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts and will be directed by Billy Ray,  and Free State of Jones, which stars Matthew McConaughey and Gugu Mbatha-Raw and will be directed by Gary Ross.
The studio financed and distributed actor Joel Edgerton's directorial debut, The Gift, a thriller from Jason Blum's Blumhouse. The film stars Jason Bateman, Rebecca Hall and Edgerton, who also wrote the script. Released in August 2015, the movie received a 93% score on Rotten Tomatoes. STX has also announced that it is in talks to produce Russ and Roger Go Beyond, starring Will Ferrell, a film based on the true story of the collaboration between two outsiders - controversial director Russ Meyer and the fledgling screenwriter Roger Ebert. 
In January 2015, the studio announced a multi-year premium television output deal. The deal is said to have started in 2015 and "covers the studio's theatrical releases through 2019, which will be shown exclusively on Showtime Networks and its multiplex channels including SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNELTM and FLIX®."
|State of Affairs||Drama||NBC||2014 -|
- Robert Simonds Jr., Anne Biondi – New York Times
- Is This Hollywood's Next Major Studio?
- Robert Simonds Movie Box Office Results
- Robert Simonds – IMDb
- Deadline Hollywood - What Does It Matter If All Costs Aren’t Calculated In?
- "Is This Hollywood's Next Major Studio?" Deadline Anita Bush, March 13, 2014
- "Dealmakers Impact Report" Variety Robert Marich December 9, 2014
- "DreamWorks Animation Finance Exec To Join Robert Simonds’ STX Venture" Deadline Anita Busch August 19, 2014
- "Adam Fogelson Hired as Motion Picture Head by STX" Deadline Anita Busch September 24, 2014
- "Ex-Fox, Disney Marketer Oren Aviv Officially Joins Robert Simonds’ STX Venture" Deadline Anita Busch September 3, 2014
- "Robert Simonds’ New Studio Taps Kevin Grayson To Head Domestic Distribution" Deadline Jen Yamoto September 13, 2014
- "Summit Marketing Exec Jack Pan Moves To Robert Simonds’ Studio" Deadline September 30, 2014
- "Oren Aviv Joins..." PR Newswire September 3, 2014 STX Release
- Endeavor Global Board of Director
- "....Acquired by STX" Deadline Nancy Tartaglione December 2, 2014
- "IM Global Strategy Pays Off With Strong Sales On ‘Free State Of Jones’ & More – AFM" Nancy Tartaglione Deadline November 17, 2014
- "Showtime, STX Entertainment Announce TV Deal and First Four Films" Rebecca Ford Deadline January 20, 2015
- "STX Entertainment & Showtime Networks Partner On Multi-Year Premium Television Output Deal As STX Begins Production On Initial Slate Of Films" January 20, 2015
- Robert Simonds at the Internet Movie Database
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California Blue Ribbon Committee
- Nuverra Environmental Solutions Board of Directors
- Q&A With William McGlashan and Robert Simonds Worth August/September 2014
- National Academy of Sciences Water Sciences & Technology Board Members