Robert Spencer, 1st Baron Spencer of Wormleighton
Spencer held the office of Member of Parliament for Brackley from 1597 to 1598. He was the Commissioner for Musters for Northamptonshire in 1600 and Sheriff of Northamptonshire for 1601–02. He was invested as a Knight, Order of the Garter in 1601. Sir Robert was created 1st Baron Spencer of Wormleighton (in the Peerage of England) on 21 July 1603.
On 15 February 1587 he married Margaret Willoughby the daughter of Sir Francis Willoughby and Elizabeth Lyttelton. Robert had seven children by Margaret.
- Mary Spencer (christened 24 August 1588–14 July 1658) married Richard Anderson
- Elizabeth Spencer (christened 30 November 1589–19 November 1618) married George Fane
- John Spencer (6 December 1590–16 August 1610)
- William Spencer, 2nd Baron Spencer of Wormleighton (christened 4 January 1592–19 December 1636) married Lady Penelope Wriothesley
- Richard Spencer (christened 21 October 1593–1 November 1661) married Mary Sandys
- Edward Spencer (christened 2 March 1594–16 February 1655/1656) married Margaret Goldsmith
- Margaret Spencer (14 August 1597–6 December 1613)
- "Spencer, Robert (d.1627)". Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co. 1885–1900.
- thepeerage Accessed November 24, 2008
- Family search Retrieved October 4, 2010