|Full name||George Robert Stănescu|
January 17, 1985 |
|Discipline||Men's artistic gymnastics|
|Former coach(es)||Danuţ Grecu, Nicuşor Pascu|
Robert Stănescu (born January 17, 1985 in Bucharest, Romania) is a Romanian artistic gymnast who specialized in still rings. He is a European bronze medallist with the team and was one of the still rings finalists at the 2008 Olympic Games. He also placed fourth in the still rings final at the 2009 World Championships. After failing to make the national team for the 2010 World Championships, he emigrated to Canada where he worked as a gymnastics coach at Alpha gymnastics club in Windsor, Canada. In January 2013, Stanescu and his wife Ruxandra (a former Romanian gymnast) opened a new club named "Alpha Gymnastics Academy" in Windsor, ON, Canada. In August 2014, Stanescu became a Canadian citizen and part of the Canadian national team.
- Sports Reference George Stănescu
- European Union of Gymnastics 28th European Men's Artistic Gymnastics Team Championships
- Gymnastics Results 2008 Olympic Games Results
- Gymnastics Results 2009 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships
- Caton, Mary (March 27, 2012). "Olympian Stanescu trains gymnasts at Winstars". windsorstar.com. Archived from the original on March 29, 2012.
- Caton, Mary (21 January 2013). "New gymnastics club opens in Windsor". windsorstar.com. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- User, Super. "Home". Retrieved 10 February 2017.
|This biographical article related to Romanian artistic gymnastics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|