A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2017)
A resident of North Bergen, New Jersey, Sundholm became a janitor at the North Bergen town hall and taped his work along the corridor walls. He was discovered in 2009 by an attorney/artist Daniel Belardinelli who curated his first show. His most recent milestones include being curated at the Outsider Art Fair 1/17 as well as being the subject of a video and article for People magazine. Additionally Sundholm donated 21 paintings to the Hanover Charity Benefit hosted by Vanessa Noel.
- Jim Beckerman (2017-01-18). "North Bergen outsider artist on the inside track". Northjersey.com. Retrieved 2017-04-13.
- "Seen At 11: Janitor Turned Artist Celebrates Newly Discovered Talents". Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "Janitor by Day, Artist by Night, Outlook - BBC World Service". BBC. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- Liz McNeil (2017-01-18). "Robert Sundholm, The Amazing Story of the Janitor Artist". People.com. Retrieved 2017-04-13.
- Smith, Roberta (2017-01-19). "Outsider Art 2017: A Top 10". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "The Amazing Story of Robert Sundholm, the 75-Year-Old Janitor Artist: 'I Became Something from Nothing'". PEOPLE.com. 2017-01-13. Retrieved 2017-07-29.