Robert Thom (writer)
Robert Thom (1929–1979) was an American writer of films, plays, novels and poems, best known for his screenplay Death Race 2000 (1975). He was married to actresses Joan Zell (who committed suicide at his place in 1961), Janice Rule and Millie Perkins.
Selected theatre credits
- The Minotaur (1954)
- Sailing to Byzantium
- Compulsion (1957)
- A Bicycle Ride to Nevada (1963)
- Children of Ladybug
Selected film credits
- Compulsion (1959)
- The Subterraneans (1960)
- All the Fine Young Cannibals (1960)
- Wild in the Streets (1968)
- The Legend of Lylah Clare (1968)
- Angel, Angel, Down We Go (1969) - also direct
- Bloody Mama (1970)
- The Phantom of Hollywood (1974)
- Alias Big Cherry (1975)
- Death Race 2000 (1975)
- Crazy Mama (1975)
- WOMAN DIES IN PLUNGE: Writer Says Ex -- Wife's Death Followed Argument New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 13 July 1961: 61.
- Robert Thom, Writer Of Plays, Screenplays, Novels and Poems, 49: Worked on Screenplays Honored as Poet By JOAN COOK. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 12 May 1979: 26.